Robert Griffin III | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Robert Griffin III

Woods is much better receiver than Wright, plus with USC you have one of the best O-line's in the country. Can you say the same for Baylor "heck no", every play from scrimmage Griffin is being pressured and his ability to make nfl type reads, his quick release, his pinpoint accuracy, and his ability too avoid he rush and make plays is what makes him better than Barkley. For anyone trying to compare him to Kap he is nothing like him. There is a reason Rg3 is rising up the boards bc his potential is limitless.. The only reason all people are all over Barkley is bc he plays for a big name school while the other doesn't.. Barkley is the spitting image of Lienhart 2.0..

How so? Aside from being good QBs at the same school, I dont see where they are the same at all.

Woods is much better receiver than Wright, plus with USC you have one of the best O-line's in the country. Can you say the same for Baylor "heck no", every play from scrimmage Griffin is being pressured and his ability to make nfl type reads, his quick release, his pinpoint accuracy, and his ability too avoid he rush and make plays is what makes him better than Barkley. For anyone trying to compare him to Kap he is nothing like him. There is a reason Rg3 is rising up the boards bc his potential is limitless.. The only reason all people are all over Barkley is bc he plays for a big name school while the other doesn't.. Barkley is the spitting image of Lienhart 2.0..

Few things. You're severely underrating Kendall Wright.

USC just had to replace 3 starters on their offensive line, including a 4 year starter and NFL prospect at center in Kris O'Dowd, and a top 10 overall pick at RT who's starting for the Dallas Cowboys in Tyron Smith. This isn't one of the best offensive lines in the country. They allow constant pressure and can't run block. Have you even watched USC?

John David Booty played at USC, I didn't like him. Matt Leinart played at USC, I didn't like him. LSU is a pretty big school, didn't like Jamarcus Russell. Didn't like Brady Quinn, Notre Dame is a fairly big school... they have their own channel.

You're doing exactly what you're accusing others of doing.... the only reason you're making a Barkley to Leinart comparison is because they both played at Matre Dei and both played QB at USC. Matt Barkley isn't Matt Leinart 2.0.

Robert Griffin isn't making NFL reads in Art Briles offense, nor is he pressured every snap. It's the same MOFO/MOFC reads that Briles ran in high school at Stephensville, and with Kevin Kolb at Houston (who went to Houston because they hired Briles.... Kolb played at Stephensville in high school).

Listen, you don't have to spew garbage all over other players in order to make Griffin look good. I don't know if you're a Baylor alum or Robert Griffin's cousin, but you obviously know very of what you're talking about.

The Leinart-Barkley comparison is ridiculous. Not even getting into throwing the football, the 2 are polar opposite characters. Leinart cared more about partying and chasing skirts than he did developing his skills as a QB. Barkley is a Christian that enjoys charity work and playing Christian music. I've never heard a bad thing about him. The Sanchez comparison is equally as ridiculous. Barkley is a much smarter and more accurate QB than Sanchez was. Not to mention he's started 3 seasons, where Sanchez started one.

Stylistically I do think Sanchez and Barkley compare a little. But they do differ in the important ways you list, decision-making, accuracy and experience.

The USC offensive line is anything but consistent. The minimal amount of sacks Barkley has taken have been because of Barkley, not the line. Talk about avoiding pressure, Barkley is one of the best at sensing it and either getting the ball away or making something happen with his feet. Watch a USC game before speaking random opinions that aren't even close to reality.

Great football player overall. I just worry that he is too small at 6'2" and a skinny 220Lbs with his running style. With that said, his accuracy is GREAT. 4.4 - 40 is AMAZING. VERY smart kid, has the arm strength, and from all reports also has the work ethic. If we dont get Luck I dont mind taking a chance on RG3. As the season goes on I think he might be the #2 and at worst the #3 QB taken in the draft. He may not go ahead of Barkley, but will ahead of Jones.

Id be willing to bet RG3 is closer to 6'1 210. Maybe a little under 6'1. With how he plays I am not sure his size will be much of an issue, although I have said in the past I didnt think it would. I am starting to worry about it slightly.

Also, he just has to many question marks about him to go high in the first round IMO. Including arm strength, footwork, his offense, throwing motion, and pocket presence. Then you bring in size and its just going to be tough for him to get up there. He will get picked a part before the draft. I think hes a great prospect. But hes going to be just that, a prospect. Hes not going to come in and like the NFL up. Hes not Cam Newton. Not even close.

Last edited by a moderator:
The USC offensive line is anything but consistent. The minimal amount of sacks Barkley has taken have been because of Barkley, not the line. Talk about avoiding pressure, Barkley is one of the best at sensing it and either getting the ball away or making something happen with his feet. Watch a USC game before speaking random opinions that aren't even close to reality.

I agree. Barkley's pocket presence and anticipation is NFL good. He still has some inconsistencies. But its every QB does. People want to compare him to Andrew Luck and how perfect he has played, and its simply not fair. Barkley is going to be very good in the NFL IMO. I would select him #2.

Stylistically I do think Sanchez and Barkley compare a little. But they do differ in the important ways you list, decision-making, accuracy and experience.

I think Barkley anticipating throws is also what makes Barkley not Sanchez. While at times I have seen Sanchez do it, and maybe its because of lack of experience, Barkley is much much better at this point of his career then Sanchez was at it. Which leads to Sanchez having to avoid the rush more because hes holding on to the ball slightly longer.

I think Barkley anticipating throws is also what makes Barkley not Sanchez. While at times I have seen Sanchez do it, and maybe its because of lack of experience, Barkley is much much better at this point of his career then Sanchez was at it. Which leads to Sanchez having to avoid the rush more because hes holding on to the ball slightly longer.

Keep this in mind too...

Sanchez - 16 game starter

Barkley - 30 game starter and since being a true freshman.

that barkley is leinart 2.0 stuff makes zero sense to me...as for kendall wright...good football player...good pro prospect...no argument there...but a much more finished product than robert woods...less upside

I think when looking at a QB right now you have to ask yourself is RGIII going to start right away? i dont think we have the oppurtunity to wait, because if we did get him we might be looking at a vet QB to come in which most wont be happy with.

If we had a QB he is someone I may try and develop but with the immediate need at QB no way I draft Griffin to be the franchise guy.He put up big numbers against weak teas and was bad against OSU.

It doesn't matter if we have a QB or not, you want to take who is the best long term option. RG3 is someone who seems like he will adapt quickly, as he always has. He will be a 1st round pick if he came out this year and a top 15 one at that. The question though is if he is worth a top 10 or even 5 pick, which I think is a question of any QB not named Luck. I think he will prove he is if he declares and people start seeing the actual nfl scout grades on his work.

Agreed. I live in socal and all i see in Matt Barkley right now is Mark Sanchez & Matt Leinart. If he has Carson Palmer in him I havent seen it yet. Looking forward to Saturday's Game (USC vs. Stanford)

Soooo basically all you know about Matt Barkley is that he went to USC?

Got it.

It doesn't matter if we have a QB or not, you want to take who is the best long term option. RG3 is someone who seems like he will adapt quickly, as he always has. He will be a 1st round pick if he came out this year and a top 15 one at that. The question though is if he is worth a top 10 or even 5 pick, which I think is a question of any QB not named Luck. I think he will prove he is if he declares and people start seeing the actual nfl scout grades on his work.

RGIII is not a top 15 pick. He's a late first round to early second guy.

Back
Top Bottom