Robert Horry | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Robert Horry

finfansince72

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I mean I guess you can't make the Hall of Fame as a role player but good god, has that guy ever missed a last second shot in the playoffs? Lucky for the Spurs they had him, Ginobli and Duncan just werent doing it down the stretch. Duncan needs to go see the Wizard for a heart. Wow Horry just is amazing, I can't remember a player in any sport that is as clutch as him. If theres a Hall of Fame for role players this guy is a lock.

I agree. The guy is just amazing. He does it every single time. I could not believe it when Rasheed left him wide open like that. I mean, if there's one guy in the history of civilization you don't leave open for a championship shot, it's Robert Horry. :lol: If that were the Heat, I'd have throw something thru the TV.

Oh, and how about that dunk in OT?? It might as well have been from the free throw line.

Everybody knows that you sign Robert Horry for the playoffs. Forget the regular season. If there's a spot in the Hall for big shot players like this, they should open a wing and name it after Horry. It's an absolute joy watching him in the postseason. Last night I was savoring the moments because I knew what I was seeing was special.

finfansince72 said:
I mean I guess you can't make the Hall of Fame as a role player but good god, has that guy ever missed a last second shot in the playoffs? Lucky for the Spurs they had him, Ginobli and Duncan just werent doing it down the stretch. Duncan needs to go see the Wizard for a heart. Wow Horry just is amazing, I can't remember a player in any sport that is as clutch as him. If theres a Hall of Fame for role players this guy is a lock.

he missed 1 late game shot against the Spurs in 03, but the ball was halfway down and came back up.

I was watching the game with my friends (I'm a Spurs fan), and they were giving me crap about how we were about to lose. I told them Horry would hit a 3 to win the game. When it happened alot of F-Bombs were dropped :rofl3:

I don't understand why you'd leave Horry open, for a 3, in the closing seconds of a playoff game.

and that dunk=Hotness

Sorry MJ and Regie Miller but "Big Shot Bob" is the best clutch shooter in the history of the NBA playoffs.

I remember hating him so much when he was on the Lakers a few years back because he was such a threat for them. Now that he is a Spur I am so happy to have the best clutch shooter in the NBA.

With the shot last night he basically won the series because it's going to be hell for the Pistons to win 2 games in San Antonio. The Spurs went 38-3 in the regular season at home which makes the chance of a Piston comeback very difficult.

Yea I dont know how Horry gets open for these shots, I mean theres no player on the Spurs that would worry me down the stretch other than this guy. Duncan and Ginobli arent playing clutch and the rest of the guys arent guys Id lose sleep over when they take a last minute shot. You have to guard Horry and make someone else beat you. I would have bet my life that shot was going in when he released it, you just knew it was over when the ball left his hand.

Horry is gold... Period. I saw him wide open and the first thought was "it's over."

He won the championship for the spurs. No way does Detroit win 2 in SA... Maybe not even one.

strangest thing about that game is that horry wasn't playing well before that first three went down. he was driving to the basket and throwing up garbage every time. it looked like his head wasn't in the game. then he took it over.

Horry is so clutch that I hate him. I'm a Laker hater and besides Kobe, I hated Horry the most. It's bad enough he looks like Will Smith :lol:

byroan said:
Horry is so clutch that I hate him. I'm a Laker hater and besides Kobe, I hated Horry the most. It's bad enough he looks like Will Smith :lol:

My only hope is that the Pistons respond as well to his shot as they did to Kobe Bryant's last year. People thought that series was over after Bryant's three pointer in game 2. Of course, there's a big difference in that the Pistons are now one loss from elimination and going into San Antonio, whereas last year it was merely 1-1 and they were coming home, feeling good about a split in LA.

But yeah, the guy is an absolute assassin. I have no idea, NONE, what Rasheed was doing. Horry was white-freaking-hot, and Sheed left him to double on Manu Ginobili, who's played the last three games of this series with both hands wrapped securely around his throat. It probably doesn't matter; I think Horry was so clutch last night that he would have hit that with three guys in his face.

By the way, just as an added kick in the nuts, the Pistons had Horry for about 5 seconds. They traded Sean Elliott to the Rockets for Horry, but Elliott failed his physical and the trade was voided.

If I'm wrong for hating a guy with one kidney, so be it.

phunwin said:
By the way, just as an added kick in the nuts, the Pistons had Horry for about 5 seconds. They traded Sean Elliott to the Rockets for Horry, but Elliott failed his physical and the trade was voided.

Dont blame Elliot, blame management at the timefor taking a risk. Buyer beware!

phunwin said:

that's a little crazy. i remember hearing that during the rockets' 2nd championship run and thinking "this might have never happened..."

i gotta give props to your guys for taking games 3 & 4 and for giving credit after last night. i feel like the "refs are out to get us" talk demeans the entire competition, and it was good to get a break from that. (and it was nice to have a good game from beginning to end). and props to larry brown taking the heat for rasheed. that was big. butch davis, are you listening???

As a Pistons fan I wanted to kill Rasheed if you watch him on the play he tries to go down to double in the corner and leaves the best 3 point shooter in NBA finals history wide open for the game winning shot. I mean come on not only is he the best in History he was playing the best on the team at that point of the game so why in the Fing world would you leave him to go help on another player. It is just un explainable

Back
Top Bottom