Robert Hunt murdering defenders | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Robert Hunt murdering defenders

Deiter back at Center, Hunt at RG, and Liam back to RT (where he never should have had to be moved from), and you may be looking at a solid right side of the line.

Just need an LT and LG (if Jackson doesn't eventually solidify one of those spots).

Eich will be a piece moving forward at either LG or OT.

AJ could even surprise at LG but not holding my breath.

We need to acquire, at a minimum, 4 new starting caliber players on the o-line, including multiple OT's and a C.

Let Dieter, AJ compete.

Hunt, Eich and three new starters next year is what I would envision.

For now, I expect 2 new OLmen at most. Hunt is a keeper, the team's opinion of Deiter is unknown, and it's reasonable to think at least one of Jax, eich, or Kindley will get a spot. Not my ideal, but most likely

Robert hunt has been pretty great in the run game on first point of contact since the beginning , he doesn’t get off blocks though sometimes . He gets that lineman I’m going to own you mentality which I am familiar with . I love him though and I think he is super underrated because of pass pro.

As awful as the OL has been all year Robert Hunt has been the lone bright spot. Saw this highlight reel of his over this win streak last night and you forget how good he is with all the trash surrounding him. Enjoy...

so if eich can be a good rt, hunt rg, deiter c.. that leaves 2 spots for next yr FA and draft picks.. i'd sign two and draft at least 2 and "HOPEFULLY" problem solved... ajax, kindley can be our depth. new oline coach too

Deiter back at Center, Hunt at RG, and Liam back to RT (where he never should have had to be moved from), and you may be looking at a solid right side of the line.

Just need an LT and LG (if Jackson doesn't eventually solidify one of those spots).
I hope Eichenberg eventually develops into a solid tackle or guard for the Dolphins but he has a long way to go to get to that level.

As a rookie he certainly has a lot of room to grow but hopefully with a better OL coach and an off season to work on his technique and get in the weight room, he will take a giant leap forward in 2022.

I don't know much about the intricacies of the position but Hunt sure looked better in pass protection as a tackle than a guard. I'm not convinced hes found his place.

We need two OL but I'd be happy with a very good LT.

True. He’s 9th in the NFL at run blocking as a guard at 73%. #1 is 77%.
So it doesn't matter what we think, the kid can run block! He's part of a mostly awful o-line and he's still looking good out there on game day. Jackson HAS TO clean up the penalties which all seem to occur at the worst possible times. It's almost always false start #73!! Or holding #73!! Or else the knucklehead goes too far downfield and draws the flag. Ineligible man downfield #73!! He less awful at Guard and is improving but the flags are too many for one player!! The guy is hurting us and I'm tired of seeing the flags every week! C'mon Austin!!!! Maybe Dieter will start against the Giants, that would help. I can't believe Kindley can't get on the field. Coming out of Georgia at 6'4" and 320 (at least!!) I thought we had a big, tough guy with a nasty attitude. What we got was a guy who can't crack the lineup and let's Jesse Davis start in his place. Kindley is a royal disappointment this season. He's done zero. Why can't they get some game out of him?? He was part of a good line at Georgia.

He still needs work with his hands. You can see it in the video and I have seen it many times this season, his punch starts from the outside and hit more on the shoulders then in the check. This allows the defender to get the initial push. Hunt being so big and strong he can usually over come this and wins more then he loses. He needs work on his hands hitting the defender in the chest and not the shoulders, this will help him get them on their heels, and once he does that it's game over.

That's just something I see from him. He's still blocking like an OT and not and OG.

They really need to focus on what they have in M. Deiter, A Jackson and S. Kinley. Seems I remember Deiter giving up too much ground he was not a top 20 center last year but they're all young and I wouldn't give up on any of them.

They really need to focus on what they have in M. Deiter, A Jackson and S. Kinley. Seems I remember Deiter giving up too much ground he was not a top 20 center last year but they're all young and I wouldn't give up on any of them.
I dont believe Deiter ever played Center in the NFL prior to this season.

Back
Top Bottom