Robert Hunt signs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Robert Hunt signs

You do realize that he comes from a small college and he basically played against inferior players? So expecting him to come in and immediately make an impact is probably asking too much of him.

My hope is he will develop into a solid starter over the next three years but I will be surprised if he is any better than Deiter was in his first season in the NFL.

If he is worse than Deiter even in his rookie year... he was a bad pick.

On a more positive note, he has been working out with the same trainer (former NFL player) that a few other Dolphins have been working out with since the draft. The coaching staff has given the trainer guidelines (instructions) on what they want him to emphasize, so he has been working on his craft and trying to get ready for what the coaching staff is going to expect of him. These sorts of trainers are a real blessing to those small school kids (Hunt) or really young guys (Jackson) or guys who need to catch up from injury (Jackson again with the bone marrow transplant). Having several of them from the Dolphins with the same trainer every day means when the coaching staff gives suggestions ... they're immediately implemented. It's not the same as mini-camp or the other pre-season activities ... but it's definitely worthwhile and needed for these guys with less-developed skills. We drafted the athlete ... now they need to become technicians to survive in the NFL.

Fingers crossed that they can. Kudos to them for putting in the diligent work needed.
Defintely cant hurt their cohesion as a unit... I like it!

Back
Top Bottom