Robert Jones | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Robert Jones

Bobby Humphrey

I got cut
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/ce/multi/0,3783,5432753,00.html

I say offer Jones the NFL vet minimum and a small signing bonus to try to bring him back. Maybe the guy will bite early, because he has to be hurting. He would bring great depth to Miami and start incase of injury. I wouldn't mind if he started because of injury, but would hate to start any of our other back-up LB's on the roster. Than we should send Josh Heupel a nice basket of fruits, with a note saying, "It was your wrists fault wasn't it?"

Ummm no. This guy isn't good enough anymore to start and isn't any better then the options we have at backup linebacker right now.

Jones doesn't have crap left in him. He's probably going to have to "retire" now...

I think we have to take note of the fact that he was cut by Green Bay at the vet min and HOUSTON at the vet minimum... a team who uses 4 LBs and a franchise team. They know stuff that we dont.

Originally posted by Bobby Humphrey
http://www.nfl.com/ce/multi/0,3783,5432753,00.html

I say offer Jones the NFL vet minimum and a small signing bonus to try to bring him back. Maybe the guy will bite early, because he has to be hurting. He would bring great depth to Miami and start incase of injury. I wouldn't mind if he started because of injury, but would hate to start any of our other back-up LB's on the roster. Than we should send Josh Heupel a nice basket of fruits, with a note saying, "It was your wrists fault wasn't it?"

Bobby Humphrey

Man I wanted to kill him last time he was here. He can't cover didly, and is way too slow.....

I'm much more comfortable with Scot Galyon

I have to say if Jones gets cut by both an expansion team, and a team that has a linebacker shortage, then we should not bring him in.

His problem is that he's lost too many steps. He was solid for a long time. Could probably still fill it up against the run. But he can't play in space anymore. Not even close.

When a player does that its most often because he has no chance of playing and will most likely be a training camp cut when it comes down to the 53 man roster. And if he's getting beat out on the depth chart by the Houston linebackers where it looks like he might not make the 53 man roster, and then Green Bay cuts him as well, then its probably time to retire for old Robert.

In my opinion, Z. Thomas is really the onlt LB on our roster that does anything worth talking about. D. Rodgers is almost invisible, and I'm looking for bigger and better things from M. Greenwood this year. Hr could be very good someday soon.....

We also have T. Hedricks.....

I think he is one of the most aggressive, intense LBs' I've seen since the B. Cox days....

He can replace Z. Thoams if need be. He's very good, and only getting better.....

I'm not that worried about the LB position. Signing a house like DT L. Chester, should also keep opposing blockers off of Zach and keep him healthy, as he is more of a plug than D. Gardener was IMO.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Back
Top Bottom