Robert Kraft and the patriots cheating | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Robert Kraft and the patriots cheating

Nawledge

Scout Team
Reaction score
"Kraft’s remarkable successes with both the Patriots and with his industrial businesses have given him tremendous sway both with other NFL owners and with league executives. In just the past few years his profile in the league has risen markedly. He serves on the NFL owners’ executive committee and four other committees, more than any other owner. As co-chair of the league’s powerful broadcasting committee, he takes an active role in negotiating the lucrative contracts that allow CBS, Fox, Comcast, ABC, and ESPN to televise NFL games. In 2006, Kraft’s support for Roger Goodell was influential in getting the new commissioner selected."

That excerpt is from an article in 2010. It is no mystery why the pats get away with cheating, why they get favored on the field by the refs. Kraft is a very VERY powerful man in the league. Goodell is his buddy and richard sherman was right when he said it. Of course goodell will downplay it to the media. But when you watch the patriots play you constantly see the opposing team getting screwed on calls all the time. They got caught filming, lost a draft pick and bellichik got a 500k dollar fine. Kraft probably just wrote the check. Those tapes were destroyed before anyone got to see what was on them.

I know this isnt dolphin related so it may be moved but i thought that little clip from the article sheds some light on how much sway kraft really has in this league. I am sure if the colts won that game and were found to have deflated balls the investigation wouldnt be so tight lipped and drawn out. The colts owner probably wouldnt say he expects an apology. But guys who are as powerful as kraft is tend to think theyre above the rules.

Now im not going full blown conspiracy on this, but ask yourself how many times youve said while watching a patriots game "ive never seen a luckier team" or "how do they get so lucky"? Ive said it tons of times...but if you take into consideration how powerful kraft is in the league it makes sense. The pats get favored heavily by refs all the time. It also just so happens that kraft was pivotal in getting Goodell hired and goodell and kraft are buddy buddy. This ball deflating thing no matter how big or small of an issue it is its still breaking the rules and will most likely be swept under the rug and the fall guy ball boy will have acted alone and noone of any value to the patriots knew about it.

I just hope the Dolphins are working on their own cheating program since it is accepted and rewarded

thisisthemillionthtimewehavesuccessfully-1.jpg

Somehow i,dont think the dolphins cheat, lol if they do it doesnt help in any way

Probably doesn't in most cases as you can see with the Falcons getting busted piping in crowd noise. They were 3-5 at home, not a stellar indication of successful cheating. Teams will always try to cut corners, happens in every sport.

Whether the Patriots cheat or not, the officials clearly look the other way. The only way we know about deflated footballs is because the Colts challenged the status of them.

Probably doesn't in most cases as you can see with the Falcons getting busted piping in crowd noise. They were 3-5 at home, not a stellar indication of successful cheating. Teams will always try to cut corners, happens in every sport.

piping in crowd noise and screwing with the ball is different though...i was watching that pregame coverage yesterday and they showed highlights from prior games with gronk catching balls across his body one handed and my immediate thoughts were i bet the damn ball was the reason he was able to snare that one

really kills the credibility of what you are seeing

Even in last night's game. They run a awful lot of illegal pick plays and only the most flagrant ones get called. Their O lineman get away with a lot more holds too.
Their DBs seem to be given a little more margin for error when it comes to illegal contact.

Even in last night's game. They run a awful lot of illegal pick plays and only the most flagrant ones get called. Their O lineman get away with a lot more holds too.
Their DBs seem to be given a little more margin for error when it comes to illegal contact.

pick plays are a staple of what they do and the officials only call them when a guy gets his head lopped off like jimmy wilson did week 1

they got multiple 3rd down conversions on freaking picks that were obvious even

The point is that if other teams get caught doing something against the rules they get punished. The Patriots do not. Period.

It also doesn't matter if other teams cheat or not. If others don't get caught we don't know if they cheat. The Patriots got caught. Not once but twice. And the first time they got caught did not even include the entire Spygate saga. Just a tiny portion of it. They got 'caught' and 'punished' for the least offensive portion. The rest was swept under the table because they satisfied the fans.

Back
Top Bottom