Robert Quinn Might Be One & Done In Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Robert Quinn Might Be One & Done In Miami

You can blame the scheme, and it’s certainly horrid, but Quinn can’t win one on one battles and he doesn’t have Wake’s motor either.

He needs to be schemed free more but at the end of the day he’s a failure as a player.

Quinn at 257 pounds needs to beat blockers with his speed or he's toast. Lately he's been getting hung up on blocks and linemen are just knocking him out of the way over and over.

I really had high hope for Quinn. He got off to a good start too. I wonder if he's not 100% healthy. I know he's been hurt before. This was one move I did not mind. Just a 4th round pick and low cap number this year plus zero dead money if we move on so while I don't like our FO this was not a bad move. Quinn just has to play better but keep on mind that we can't stop the run so the other team is on 3rd and short very often. I'm ok moving on if it comes to that but I'll wait to see how he does the rest of the year.

Quinn looks good but the fact is that our D-line and linebackers aren't put in positions to make big plays. That, or they're trash. Burke's scheme sucks. Every NFL offense has always figured it out. That's why Bobby McCain is chasing wide open WRs with his hands up like "Wtf?"

yeah its an easy salary to dump. the guy hasn't done anything put run up field all year

Quinn looks good but the fact is that our D-line and linebackers aren't put in positions to make big plays. That, or they're trash. Burke's scheme sucks. Every NFL offense has always figured it out. That's why Bobby McCain is chasing wide open WRs with his hands up like "Wtf?"
I wish I could watch and see him look good. im not trying to argue but can you tell me some plays to watch, bc all I see is a guy running up field getting blocked out, and the only time he gets close is if the play is extended

People shitting on a move the lost us a 4th rounder for a productive DE. It happens.

Wake is playing worse than him.

Didn't Wake have 10 1/2 sacks last season with the same defense?

As far as Quinn, He benefited playing on a line with
Aaron Donald...We don't have an Aaron Donald
to help him this season.

As far as Charles Harris, The old seven up commercial
Never had it ...never will comes to mind

I agree our defensive scheme and Defensive Coordinator
must go

What? Aaron Donald got there 2014, Quinn had 34.5 sacks in 3 years before Donald ever got there and 28 sacks in 4 years playing with Donald. Quinn's issues are injuries taking their tolls on him. Dude hasn't played 16 games since 2014.

The value really isn’t nearly as bad as Beasley makes it out to be.

Most of those guys cashed signing bonuses with attributed cap hits that just aren’t being factored in to the overall equation. U don’t owe that with Quinn.

U rolled the dice on right side of 20s DE to return to form in a proper scheme and so far it has been disappointing . . . But I disagree in thinking that this was a bad move or chance.

Hell the end result cap hit for Mario Williams and Quinn are a virtual wash if we cut ties with him after the season . . . That is all u really need to know.

There's no way these guys all lost it at the same time. It's Burkes defense imo.
I agree.
How the hell does EVERYONE lose their talent at the same time?
The common denominator...…...playing for, and in Burkes scheme/philosophy.

Chris Grier asked Burke to research Robert Quinn, and Burke didn't do it. He felt he had enough information about the guy from watching him before. Grier wanted an independent analysis, and Burke blew it off. Now, what we've seen in practice suggests that Quinn has that kind of ability … but either we made a scouting mistake, of which Burke is partially at fault, or Quinn is injured, which we have not heard about, or Burke is at fault for how he uses Quinn. No matter how you slice it … this does not reflect well on Burke.

But, we're never happy here. We had Mike Nolan who had a pretty good defense, but it wasn't consistent, and we soured on him. Then we had Kevin Coyle from Cincinnati, who did pretty well, but of course we weren't satisfied with him either. Then we had Vance Joseph, who now coaches Denver … and we didn't like him either. Now we have Burke … and it's his fault.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that … maybe not every DC is bad. IMHO, Burke is not the answer. But, we need to start to recognize when we have someone that's pretty good. Historically dominant DC's aren't coming to Miami, and if we unearth a young hidden gem, he isn't staying long. Not every ill is remedied by simply firing the guy we have and expecting to miraculously attract an elite DC to play for a young HC who jettisons players like he's eating tic-tacs and has an average track record as a head coach.

The question isn't whether Burke is good enough. The question is who can we get that is better? Yeah, maybe we all wanted Wade Phillips … but he didn't want us.

They will be all in on a de rotation add in the draft come 2019.

All in.

Back
Top Bottom