Robert Quinn: The Forgotten Upgrade. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Robert Quinn: The Forgotten Upgrade.

Wake's not what he once was, but he's still top 10 in the league.

It's hard to rack up a lot of sacks when receivers are running free 7 yards from the LOS.

I think we have 5 guy's here 4 of them are speed edge rushers, it 's one of the deepest positions we have along with wide receiver, could be the deepest in the NFL. The ability to keep these guy's fresh and going 100% for the snaps they get deep into the game could prove to be critical to our success this season. Quinn could finally be healthy again and playing the position he should be playing, Branch was playing injured last year he could be healthy again, Wake not having to worry about the run on 1st down could save him energy, Hayes taking up run stopping duties on 1st down is a big big plus, Harris was starting to flash some at the end of the season - expecting bigger things from him this year. Were stacked at DE!!!

Still think it would be nice to grab Johnathan Hankins if his tape checked out and we could get him for the right price 5 to 6 mil on a one year prove it deal.

We need more press coverage to give the defensive ends time to make sacks, everything the secondary does, zone - off man needs to improve drastically - why get all these pass rusher and make it so easy to complete a pass, Burke needs to call the defense better he needs to confuse the offense not show some bland defense that's easy to beat, 1 year of training should be all he gets he needs to put a better defense more modern defense out there meaning nickle and dime packages and improve drastically - call a better game, got 2 safeties who are probably some of the better blitzes in the league in Jones and Fitz.

As much as I like Gase you can say the exact same thing about him, training time is over we all want to see the offensive guru that we thought we were getting when you came on board....

PS I don't know why everyone thinks we should be pass happy when you have a running back that looks so dam good...a star waiting to be born.

Last edited:
There's some truth to what you said, but I wouldn't put too much weight in last year's sack numbers, because they made him play out of his position all year. But last year's numbers were still good considering that fact actually.

How about the 2 years before that? The past 3 years he has been below 10, so he hasn’t been dominant in awhile. I think he can turn it around, but people aren’t going to drool over a guy who a pro bowler 3-4 years ago.

It's good, but when you're playing next to the best (defensive) player in the NFL, its not very impressive IMO.
That's the thing.

He wasn't playing next to him (he should have been).

He was playing behind him.

I sure haven't forgotten. He might be our best get this year. He has a chance to be a great player for us. Like others have said, he was playing out of position last year and had some injuries to deal with the last couple of years but seems to be healthy now. I believe he'll lead the team in sacks. Yes, I believe he'll have more sacks than Wake.

How about the 2 years before that? The past 3 years he has been below 10, so he hasn’t been dominant in awhile. I think he can turn it around, but people aren’t going to drool over a guy who a pro bowler 3-4 years ago.

All true. He was out of position last year, and dealing with injuries two years ago, and yet he still ranks in the top 2 in sacks over the last 5 years. He hasn't done much lately over the past two years (not because he lacks talent), he'll turn it around. He appears to be healthy, he's back at his natural position, and he's in his prime. His talent hasn't wavered. It's all gonna come together for him barring setbacks.

Back
Top Bottom