Roberto Wallace, Marlon Moore making life difficult for Sparano | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Roberto Wallace, Marlon Moore making life difficult for Sparano

TrinidadDolfan

1st Team All-Pro
Reaction score
1. Marlon Moore, Roberto Wallace are making a strong case for the Dolphins to keep six receivers.
In a perfect world, Tony Sparano would keep five receivers on the 53-man roster this year, and use the extra roster spot on an area that needs more flexibility, like the offensive or defensive line.
But a couple of rookie receivers are making life difficult for Sparano — Marlon Moore and Roberto Wallace, who are pushing Patrick Turner for the fifth roster spot and could force Sparano to take six receivers when rosters are finalized on Sept. 4.

“Very difficult,” Sparano said. “That’s a good problem. I think that both these kids have gone into the games and the games haven’t really been big for them in these situations. So, they’ve played really well in both preseason games and they’ve done well out here in practice pretty consistently.”
Moore, a 6-foot-1 receiver from Fresno State, has shined the brightest in both practice and the preseason games. He led the Dolphins with two catches for 44 yards against Tampa Bay, and followed it up with two more catches for 32 yards against Jacksonville. He is also in the mix to return punts, and can play multiple positions on special teams.
Wallace hasn’t had the same production — just two catches for 14 yards through two games, plus he allowed a blocked punt against Tampa Bay — but Wallace has a tremendous amount of potential. He stands 6-foot-4, recorded a 36-inch vertical and a 4.48 40-yard dash at his Pro Day and has excellent footwork as a former soccer player. Wallace is a project, having grown up in Panama and not playing football until 2004, his junior year of high school, but his potential and athleticism makes him worth a long look from the Dolphins’ coaching staff.
Turner likely has the edge as the fifth receiver, but Moore and Wallace are giving the Dolphins many reasons to keep six.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...moore-making-life-difficult-for-tony-sparano/

Highly unlikely we keep 6 WRs on the roster. May not even keep 5 unless one of the kids turns out to be a special teams star

Well, one or both of them will be a star some day. Maybe not a superstar, but probably a starter. Just like Armstrong is looking real good for the Redskins.

I doubt we keep six, but Moore is definitely making things more difficult for Turner.

Man I don't see what Turner has done to be considered the frontrunner other than get drafted by this FO... I would be very comfortable with Moore or Wallace as the number 5.

I really think Moore is going to be our #5 guy. theyve had him at the gunner spot in the past practices to try him out on STs. Wallace doesnt impress me all that much, neither does Turner, and neither of them do anything on STs. I think Moore is the better wideout at this minute, but question is, are they going to try to hold on to Turners potentional.

I doubt it, I think Moore will make it, and hopefully impress on STs

My guess is that none of these guys make this squad, the 5th receiver will be brought in after teams cut to 53 and he will be a returner. Much like when we first brought in Welker.

I would like to see Moore on the 53 man roster, and maybe Turner or Wallace on the Practice Squad if they clear waivers.

Back
Top Bottom