Roberto Wallace V.S Brandon Marshall (A little break from QB and Ireland) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Roberto Wallace V.S Brandon Marshall (A little break from QB and Ireland)

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Brandon Marshall - Height: 6-4 Weight: 230 Age: 27
Roberto Wallace - Height: 6-4 Weight: 225 Age: 25

I know I cannot compare Marshall, a proven + pro-bowl receiver to Wallace but they look alike and Wallace is 2 yrs younger...

Do you think maybe, it's a maybe that the front Office saw something in him and will give him a chance to compete for a starting job?

I'm not saying he is the answer, but with the right coaching - Can he become another Marshall?

Sure he can. He was the tools you cannot teach in size and speed. it is up to our coaching staf to develop him, something previous regimes could not do

He's a guy I really thought would break out last year. Maybe if he hadn't of gotten injured, he would have...

Actually, Wallace is a far better athlete than Marshall. Marshall ran in the 4.5's on a good day. Wallace runs in the 4.4's.

Wallace's 10 yard split is 1.47. That is outrageous for a guy 6'4" 225.

Wallace is also excellent on special teams coverage and shows promise as a blocker.

What he needs most is tons and tons of reps catching passes under duress.

Brandon Marshall - Height: 6-4 Weight: 230 Age: 27
Roberto Wallace - Height: 6-4 Weight: 225 Age: 25

I know I cannot compare Marshall, a proven + pro-bowl receiver to Wallace but they look alike and Wallace is 2 yrs younger...

Do you think maybe, it's a maybe that the front Office saw something in him and will give him a chance to compete for a starting job?

I'm not saying he is the answer, but with the right coaching - Can he become another Marshall?

Hmm No lol Wallace is basically practice squad material. He has not been a good player at any level

Hmm No lol Wallace is basically practice squad material. He has not been a good player at any level

and you know all this how?

living in NY, Giants fans were saying the same thing about Victor Cruz, nobody thought he would be anything and he was extremely close to being cut, guess its a good thing....

Well, they do look alike...until you look at them.....

Maybe that can be the new way we draft. "Well Jeff, he is about the same height and weight as Marino was". "Good UP Joe, lets make the move and trade up for him!"

Wallace is from Panama I believe, and he was a soccer player all his life. He didn't pick up playing football until much later on. Brandon Marshall took him under his wing and was trying to teach him how to play big and use his size to his advantage. Marshall even said that he's freakishly athletic for his size, and if he can put the mental aspect together with his size and athleticism, he could be really good.

I root for Wallace, he just doesn't seem like a natural pass catcher to me; uses his body to catch too much. It's about time we catch a break with an offensive stud from a diamond in the rough.

Back
Top Bottom