Roberts absence was huge | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Roberts absence was huge

realdolphin

Starter
Reaction score
I remember the face of coach Flo when Elandon Roberts got injured, he knew our defense could be in some trouble, Roberts makes Van Noy play freely and as a swiss army knife, The function of Roberts is extremely important in the defensive system because he pairs with Baker nicely and anchors the middle making Baker and Van Noy free to cover, next year should be fun to watch with Vince Biegel return, we have a very dangerous group of LB´s but we need to find a replacement in the draft for Roberts if he goes down again.

Yea he was missed I made a thread about him a week ago few days before he got hurt.

I love the way he plays the run and blitzes he has great instincts. Sadly he won't be back with that injury I am guessing.

I do want us to look at a LB tho in round 2.

I remember the face of coach Flo when Elandon Roberts got injured, he knew our defense could be in some trouble, Roberts makes Van Noy play freely and as a swiss army knife, The function of Roberts is extremely important in the defensive system because he pairs with Baker nicely and anchors the middle making Baker and Van Noy free to cover, next year should be fun to watch with Vince Biegel return, we have a very dangerous group of LB´s but we need to find a replacement in the draft for Roberts if he goes down again.
All may be true, but if you tried to relate his absence to the Buf game, it would not made much of the difference.

Roberts and Grugier-Hill were out, and Van Noy has been playing hurt the past few weeks... yes, our Linebackers were decimated. That said, I doubt if Roberts or Hill return next year; they have to be on the replacement list.

Hahahaha, you need to watch more football. Roberts is terrible. He’s good at one thing and one thing only.....4th and 1
love these posts

Dude is strictly a torpedo. If a one dimensional run stopping g Mike is what we were after...we traded that to the Raiders.
The guy we traded was a complete embarrassment in our game vs the Raiders. Watch the Gaskins TD play, McMillan missed the initial tackle then just fell down for no particular reason while trying to chase him down. He also got torched by Gesicki on that seam which I think was likely open all game. One the the biggest reasons we won was his ineptitude, no crying over Raekwon from me.

Robert’s will be cheap labor and can play some full back. The thing is you can easily upgrade in the later rounds. I’m fine either way.

Good observation. I agree with you. Which is why I think he will be re-signed. But they will wait until late July to make sure his knee is okay.

Dude is strictly a torpedo. If a one dimensional run stopping g Mike is what we were after...we traded that to the Raiders.
Raekwon McMillan is nothing more than a career backup. He can't cover, is slow laterally, and takes poor angles. His only assets are his attitude and once he does grab you he's got you.

The Raiders didn't even play him this year until forced to due to injury, and it helped us immensely in our game against them.

Raekwon McMillan is nothing more than a career backup. He can't cover, is slow laterally, and takes poor angles. His only assets are his attitude and once he does grab you he's got you.

The Raiders didn't even play him this year until forced to due to injury, and it helped us immensely in our game against them.
He was and is better than Roberts at what people are pleased with Roberts doing...

Using who the Raiders didn't play this year is a bad gauge of talent considering they said that Bowden didn't have a spot on their tea,

Back
Top Bottom