Rockets game was a joke. They got screwed. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rockets game was a joke. They got screwed.

PhinsPhan

Pro Bowler
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
2,005
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Calgary, Canada
Did anyone see the rockets vs dallas game? The officiating was a joke. I would like to hear what a Mavs fan has to say.
 

DaMiAmIDoLpHiNz

Practice Squad
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
610
Reaction score
4
Location
San Jose, CA
I can honestly say that was one of the most poorly officated games I have ever seen in my life. Absolutely horrible officating. They just screwed over the rockets like no other. All the Mavs wins have come by 4 pts or less. I cant believe it and Van Gundy complained yesterday and was slapped with a 100 grand fine. They are really screwing things up. If there is one thing I can't stand is when the officials take the game into their own hands and decide the outcome. The players should decide the outcome, not the officials :shakeno:
 

Fresh

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Mar 5, 2003
Messages
14,390
Reaction score
7
LOL, please. If any fans have the right to blame the refs for screwing them in their series, it's Philadelphia & Denver. That's it. This Dallas-Houston series has been a great one and I'm really rooting Houston on. However, the refs are NOT the reason why you guys are down 3-2. How the hell do you win the first 2 games on the road and go home & lose the next 2? That's just pathetic. McGrady shouldn't of missed that first free throw, and maybe he should've took his time getting off that last shot as his foot was on the line to begin with. When he put that shot up, there was more than a second left. He could've got behind the line and got off a better shot or looked over to a wide open David Wesley right beside him.

It's been a great series so far and I look forward to a Houston win in game 6 and a game 7 fight to the finish(hopefully this series ends in OT). Stop crying and realize that you just got outplayed these past 3 games.

Go check out T-Mac's post game interview, he sums it up well without crying and blaming the refs like his coach. I found it interesting that he says this series has been so much fun and even though they are down and losing sucks, he's having a great time. This is the type of series that makes the playoffs worth the hype.......
 

DaMiAmIDoLpHiNz

Practice Squad
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
610
Reaction score
4
Location
San Jose, CA
X if u saw that last play with mcgrady his foot was on the line but when he jumped, both hes feet went behind the line. It was a 3 but w/e it didnt go in either way. Dont say that the officiating hasnt been poor with the rockets. ITS BEEN HORRID! How did Howard pick up that foul on yao?! It was clearly dirk but they couldnt do a thing like that and call it on him to foul him out of the game. Heaven forbid they call it right. Rockets got robbed and everyone including the announcers know it. If u watched the game u would know what im talking about.
 

PhinsPhan

Pro Bowler
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
2,005
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Calgary, Canada
X-Con I agree that not all is to blame on the officials. I said it was a joke, and IMO it was the worst game I have seen for calls in a long time. Dirk had 2 obvious fouls against him in the first half that just werent called. The swipe at Yao in the 4th they called on Howard. Yao got hacked so many times when going for the hoop, especially on 2 occasions in the last 2:30 of the ball game. Not to mention the Finley thing. Then there is the series right before half time. Jump Ball you have to be kidding me. That is a foul in any game on Stackhouse. McGrady getting a foul for the phantom call on Dirk to pick up his fifth. Bowen getting called for a foul with 16 sec left. finley covered up the ball and I saw a jump ball coming up (this was not as severe). In one play McGrady got shoved in the back while going up for the layup, missed the shot, Yao got sandwhiched hacked by Nowitzki AND Howard I believe and put the ball in (but without a call), this was around the 1:30-2:00 mark if you have TiVo I think. That is just some of them.

The way to help blow a 2 game lead is by having Mark Cuban whine about the calls on his website and the league to immediately follow suit. I believe Van Gundy, that is not something you make up. Plus when I watched game 3 I saw instantly that Dallas was getting generous calls.

I still believe 100% Houston will win the series in 7. McGrady will be a man possessed, Yao will have an easier games 6 & 7 after the league turns its attention back to him after how bad game 5 was perceived. Most importantly though it comes down to Wesley, Sura, James, Padgett, Barry all hitting their open shots. Everyone kept saying it comes down to Yao scoring 20 or being a dominant factor. It simply doesnt, if those guys hit their shots that they are hired to do then Houston wins. If not they dont really stand a chance no matter how good Yao and Tmac do. The reason Houston lost the last 2 games is pure sloppy play. The officiating didnt help any in game 3,4, or especially 5 but they still could have won those games. Too many missed free throws, too many turnovers, the worst two defensive sequences in a row I have seen them play since the Mobley, Francis era that happend in the closing minutes. Pick and Roll to Nowitzki and before that no one picking up Stackhouse on the three. Too many missed open layups, and too many missed open shots.

This is a great series, I am also hating the Mavs especially Terry so much right now. they are one of my favorite teams during the regular season. It is funny how playoffs flip that on you.
 

DaMiAmIDoLpHiNz

Practice Squad
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
610
Reaction score
4
Location
San Jose, CA
BTW explain to me how that foul with tmac and padgett works. Or better yet, how about that that play where barry got the rebound after a mavs miss and Finley comes and slaps the ball out of barry's hands WHILE he is out of bounds. :shakeno:
 

DaMiAmIDoLpHiNz

Practice Squad
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
610
Reaction score
4
Location
San Jose, CA
PhinsPhan said:
X-Con I agree that not all is to blame on the officials. I said it was a joke, and IMO it was the worst game I have seen for calls in a long time. Dirk had 2 obvious fouls against him in the first half that just werent called. The swipe at Yao in the 4th they called on Howard. Yao got hacked so many times when going for the hoop, especially on 2 occasions in the last 2:30 of the ball game. Not to mention the Finley thing. Then there is the series right before half time. Jump Ball you have to be kidding me. That is a foul in any game on Stackhouse. McGrady getting a foul for the phantom call on Dirk to pick up his fifth. Bowen getting called for a foul with 16 sec left. finley covered up the ball and I saw a jump ball coming up (this was not as severe). In one play McGrady got shoved in the back while going up for the layup, missed the shot, Yao got sandwhiched hacked by Nowitzki AND Howard I believe and put the ball in (but without a call), this was around the 1:30-2:00 mark if you have TiVo I think. That is just some of them.

The way to help blow a 2 game lead is by having Mark Cuban whine about the calls on his website and the league to immediately follow suit. I believe Van Gundy, that is not something you make up. Plus when I watched game 3 I saw instantly that Dallas was getting generous calls.

I still believe 100% Houston will win the series in 7. McGrady will be a man possessed, Yao will have an easier games 6 & 7 after the league turns its attention back to him after how bad game 5 was perceived. Most importantly though it comes down to Wesley, Sura, James, Padgett, Barry all hitting their open shots. Everyone kept saying it comes down to Yao scoring 20 or being a dominant factor. It simply doesnt, if those guys hit their shots that they are hired to do then Houston wins. If not they dont really stand a chance no matter how good Yao and Tmac do. The reason Houston lost the last 2 games is pure sloppy play. The officiating didnt help any in game 3,4, or especially 5 but they still could have won those games. Too many missed free throws, too many turnovers, the worst two defensive sequences in a row I have seen them play since the Mobley, Francis era that happend in the closing minutes. Pick and Roll to Nowitzki and before that no one picking up Stackhouse on the three. Too many missed open layups, and too many missed open shots.

This is a great series, I am also hating the Mavs especially Terry so much right now. they are one of my favorite teams during the regular season. It is funny how playoffs flip that on you.

:yes: I cant agree more. Good points on how the refs messed up. They definitely need to stop taking the game out of the players hands and stop deciding the outcome of the game!!! Just let the players handle that please!
 

Fresh

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Mar 5, 2003
Messages
14,390
Reaction score
7
DaMiAmIDoLpHiNz said:
BTW explain to me how that foul with tmac and padgett works. Or better yet, how about that that play where barry got the rebound after a mavs miss and Finley comes and slaps the ball out of barry's hands WHILE he is out of bounds. :shakeno:

I don't really know or care about the first one you mention, because of course...you're just looking at the bad calls in Dallas' favor, but not the bad calls in Houston's favor. It's alright though, we all do it.

As for the Barry-Finley incident, yeah...that was obviously an awful call, but it's not the reason why you lost the game. In a tight game like this, there are gonna be bad calls both ways. Dallas made some big shots down the stretch and Houston didn't. Mike James should've stole that pass at the end.

The best thing to do is get over it, because this series is far from over. If money's on the line, I'd probably go with my initial prediction - Houston in 7.
 

DaMiAmIDoLpHiNz

Practice Squad
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
610
Reaction score
4
Location
San Jose, CA
I sure hope ur right man. I guess I am a little biased of course but it really does seem like the Mavs are getting all the calls. I think the rockets deserved to lose the last two they came out flat in both 4th quarters but tonight they were playing well. They deserved this game, but yeah I wont give up hope. Crazier things have happened. Go Rockets!
 

FinsNYanksFan13

Banned on Points
☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Jul 25, 2004
Messages
6,579
Reaction score
0
Location
Strong Island
A bad officiated game is a bad officiated game and all I know is it sounds to me like the Rockets got the short end of the stick!
 

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Messages
13,301
Reaction score
0
Location
ohio
All i know is if i was Van Gundy....i would call out the refs again just for how bad they did in last nights game. I wouldnt care if i got fired or not.....these patheic Refs need to go back to school and learn what a real foul is.
 

Ferretsquig

Perennial All-Pro
Joined
Jun 2, 2002
Messages
8,135
Reaction score
751
Location
Carolina
***** all you want....but Yao is the one that missed 6 free throws in the 4th quarter.
 

Fresh

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Mar 5, 2003
Messages
14,390
Reaction score
7
Ferretsquig said:
***** all you want....but Yao is the one that missed 6 free throws in the 4th quarter.

:yes:
 

Fresh

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Mar 5, 2003
Messages
14,390
Reaction score
7
I hope none of you complain after this game. No offense, but this is an old fashion azz whoopin'. It's a shame because I hate Dirk and I hate the Mavs, but oh well. Houston underachieved like hell this year, and proved to be very overhyped, which is what I called them in October.

Good luck in the offseason(seriously, and don't say I hate the Rockets because Mac will always be one of my personal fav's).......
 
Top Bottom