Rocky Mcintosh, OLB Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rocky Mcintosh, OLB Miami

weisdolphins

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Would he be a good pick up in the third round if he is available? I don't really know much about him, but I'm hearing that he is a good blitzing linebacker

weisdolphins said:
Would he be a good pick up in the third round if he is available? I don't really know much about him, but I'm hearing that he is a good blitzing linebacker
At the beginning of his senior year he was being consider as one of the top 30 players in the ACC. I don't know what happened but he lost his starting job and never regained it.

Geforce said:
At the beginning of his senior year he was being consider as one of the top 30 players in the ACC. I don't know what happened but he lost his starting job and never regained it.

wow didn't know that thanks for the info

If hes there in the 3rd that would be a steal in my book. Athletic wise he is a first rounder, but is injury prone and not that polished. If he gets stronger and developes his ability he will be supurb.

He didn't lose his starting job, he got hurt. He was the best LB on Miami's team until his injury, then Beason became the top LB. Rocky has all kinds of potential, but he has never been able to put it all together. Some of it had to do with injuries, others had to do with the coached moving him around, even trying him at MLB b/c Miami had none. I think he's a good player, just not sure if he's right for Saban's defensive system.

PSU Cane said:
He didn't lose his starting job, he got hurt. He was the best LB on Miami's team until his injury, then Beason became the top LB. Rocky has all kinds of potential, but he has never been able to put it all together. Some of it had to do with injuries, others had to do with the coached moving him around, even trying him at MLB b/c Miami had none. I think he's a good player, just not sure if he's right for Saban's defensive system.

I agree that he does have all kinds of potential, as for fitting into sabans defense is a good question. If he developes some strength and power he could be a nice outside rusher while also being a nice coverage LB. I would think that saban would be looking for more of a manny lawson and , who specialize's more in being a straight pass rusher... but i think with Mcintosh's potential to be a complete LB who can rush and cover and be a sideline to sideline player would essentially fit into what saban likes to do on D.

He has great potential and can play both inside and outside LB he has had injury problems though.

Back
Top Bottom