Rod Woodson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rod Woodson

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Has anyone signed Woodson yet? He has a few years left and if he was really cheap it would be a great signing.

Woodson wouldn't be that great a signing. he is really old now and started showing it last season. We are better off with Freeman and Marion and our band of merry backups.

I feel like a broken record on this...

the Fins have tons of Ss"

No. Def. Backs Pos. Ht. Wt. Yr. College
41 Delvin Brown S 6-0 205 1 Miami (FL)
27 Arturo Freeman S 6-0 196 3 S. Carolina
42 Trent Gamble S 5-9 195 3 Wyoming
40 Ray Green S 6-3 187 3 S. Carolina
31 Brock Marion S 5-11 205 10 Nevada
43 Scott McGarrahan S 6-1 200 5 New Mexico
20 Scott Shields S 6-4 229 3 Weber St.
38 Joshua Symonette S 5-10 180 2 Tennessee Tech
22 Shawn Wooden S 5-11 205 7 Notre Dame

Yeah 39...........For the life of me,I don`t understand how some fans see us drafting a S...........We need a couple of CB`s. I`d like to see us draft one (maybe with our comp. pick) and bring another vet. in June to cover the dime position.

Scott Shields looked good on Sunday

for the Scottish Claymores. I think he has a future in the NFL. He's a big stong athletic guy who ran down a wide receiver on an end-around before he made the first down. He also made an interception. One game doesn't make a summer but it suggests talk of drafting some safety talent is misplaced.;)

Re: Scott Shields looked good on Sunday

Originally posted by GazPhin
for the Scottish Claymores. I think he has a future in the NFL. He's a big stong athletic guy who ran down a wide receiver on an end-around before he made the first down. He also made an interception. One game doesn't make a summer but it suggests talk of drafting some safety talent is misplaced.;)
not bad for a guy 6'4" 229#

Re: Scott Shields looked good on Sunday

Originally posted by GazPhin

Gaz..........I wish we got the NFL Europe games over here. If you could keep us up to date on our players, that would be great. :)

Scott Shields has real potential, was a former 2nd round pick for Pittsburgh I believe. Hasn't put it all together on the field yet. If he developes we are in GREAT shape......but that is a big "IF"

Let's worry about holes we need to fill first. But we have good depth in our safeties with PLENTY of potential behind Marion and Freeman.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
Scott Shields has real potential, was a former 2nd round pick for Pittsburgh I believe. Hasn't put it all together on the field yet. If he developes we are in GREAT shape......but that is a big "IF"

A very big if...

Scott Shields - the safety that doesn't like to hit. The safety that has problems adjusting his coverage...

Scott had major issues as a player and is still a cap hit for us this year! He is a physical specimen no doubt, and for NFL Europe (which is really College Football Mk2) he reverts to type where his speed and athleticism is enough to get him through. After all, he was the No1 or No2 rated safety the year that we drafted him.

Wait until you get him to camp against real NFL grade players and he starts to have to use his brain, make adjustments and hit people. Then I think you'll see a rapid slide down the depth chart unless he has made some drastic changes to his fundamental play style.

Originally posted by Slaine
I think you'll see a rapid slide down the depth chart unless he has made some drastic changes to his fundamental play style.
that's will be tough since he's already 5th on the depth chart AFAIK - but good insight. If he's got potential and was highly regarded - why not take a chance on him - I am sure he has a miminal cap value ?

Shields or any of the other safeties

not named Marion or Freeman are mere projects...
so I don't think we should rule out drafting a decent safety if he becomes available...
that being said, I also see the need to add a few CBs to the roster...
again, let's just see what the best available talent is in the draft, sign a bunch of undrafted free-agents and then enter the June 1st market.

We Do Get NFL Europe Over Here

Originally posted by Capt. Dick

Gaz..........I wish we got the NFL Europe games over here. If you could keep us up to date on our players, that would be great. :)

We get NFL Europe on Fox Sports Net every week, as well as 3 or 4 games on the Fox Network. Check the Fox Sports website for dates and times of televised games. I watched part of the Galaxy vs. Thunder on Saturday.

As far as Woodson goes, we don't need him, and last I heard, he was trying to get the Steelers to resign him so he could finish out his career with them since, I believe, they're the team he wants to go into the HOF with.:p

Back
Top Bottom