Rodgers Agrees to Parameters of Deal | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rodgers Agrees to Parameters of Deal

fishypete

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
49ers | Rodgers Agrees to Parameters of Deal
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 10:53:20 -0700

Jason Cole and Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports <A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/159">NFL Draft prospect QB Aaron Rodgers (California) has agreed to the basic parameters of a contract with the San Francisco 49ers, which hold the No.1 overall draft pick. Rodgers appears likely to accept a deal since there is a strong feeling around the league that he could slip in the first round if he isn't selected among the top two picks. As reported, the 49ers also continue to negotiate with Utah QB Alex Smith.

Clayton just said that the 49ers realized that they are not going to get a deal done with Smith. So this might make sense.

HMMMMMM
I hope that is the case, although I dont beleive much of anything anymore. What a great position as those who want both Smith and Edwards would compete for our pick.

fishypete said:

Jason Cole and Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports <A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/159">NFL Draft prospect QB Aaron Rodgers (California) has agreed to the basic parameters of a contract with the San Francisco 49ers, which hold the No.1 overall draft pick. Rodgers appears likely to accept a deal since there is a strong feeling around the league that he could slip in the first round if he isn't selected among the top two picks. As reported, the 49ers also continue to negotiate with Utah QB Alex Smith.

Hope they draft him.

I've felt since the whole situation switched from Rodgers to Smith going to the 49er's, it has been BS. I think Rodgers is the first player taken this draft, and it will be to the 49ers, IMHO.

Rodgers is a hometown boy and will start sooner. He'll put more butts in the seats than Smith will. The fact that he'll come cheaper also helps. Yeah, it was very interesting how the 9ers were suddenly interested in Smith when it became apparent that there was more trade interest for him than Rodgers.

With this news, the Niners are all but locked on Rodgers. You can't agree to a deal with one guy and then back out. I mean, technically, they can do it, but their rep would be $#!T with agents around the NFL if they did.

WoW I honestly thought the Smith thing was a done deal. Interesting.

fishypete said:

YES!

Looks like tampa will however be trading up to get miami #2

I think people are missing the part that they are still negotiating with Alex Smith. The only way Smith isn't the pick is if they make absolutely no headway in getting him to agree to a contract.

Buddwalk said:
YES!

Looks like tampa will however be trading up to get miami #2

If they aren't willing to give up their second round pick, they aren't moving up. Miami isn't going to accept just a third round pick to move down three spots. That's not value.

If SF takes Rodgers, I'd just as soon see Miami take Smith than to have them take less than value for this pick.

KB21 said:
If they aren't willing to give up their second round pick, they aren't moving up. Miami isn't going to accept just a third round pick to move down three spots. That's not value.

If SF takes Rodgers, I'd just as soon see Miami take Smith than to have them take less than value for this pick.

Won't happen...the Vikes will move up and take Edwards.

Back
Top Bottom