Rodgers, anyone? | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rodgers, anyone?

I think Rodgers is one of the most talented QBs to ever play the game. I'll try and explain my thoughts a bit; ever gone on a date and everything seems fine but youre getting an ominous feeling about the person?
Guess it's like that. Even watching him play in crucial games, something feels off.
I understand your position, however, I think much of the personal stuff is largely overblown. Fact is, Rodgers is just following the same roadmap as Brady. Brady left NE because of differences with BB and the lack of talent being brought in for him to be successful. Rodgers is simply doing the same. I just don't think he should be vilified for it when Brady was not.

Real rebuild started last draft when we fixed the OL. In three yerar, if they keep improving as we hope and expect, they all due for a big pay day. This draft, if Waddle and Phillips blossom as we hope, they want a big contract too. And we can't afford to pay them all. Hence, the three years window.
Tampa and KC would argue, you can indeed pay them all.... hell you can add free agents too!

The "salary cap" is about as real as Bigfoot and Nessy!

Didnt Rodgers say he wanted input on roster moves where he went? I mean its nice to speculate and all but I dont think Grier or Flores want to give that up...
I have not heard this yet. I know he had problems with the roster moves that were made in GB, but I have not heard that he wants any type of personnel control. I am sure he would love to be able to express his wants on offense and have a FO that actually acknowledges them and sometimes considers acting on them, though. That is something GB clearly does not do.

I have not heard this yet. I know he had problems with the roster moves that were made in GB, but I have not heard that he wants any type of personnel control. I am sure he would love to be able to express his wants on offense and have a FO that actually acknowledges them and sometimes considers acting on them, though. That is something GB clearly does not do.
The difference between the Watson situation and AR situation, beside the massage, is GB is already preparing for his exit. Hou still grasping the last straw to keep Watson.

I am all in. With the much improved Offensive Line we have now and WRs Parker, Fuller and Waddle. This would make the Marino era look like child's play.

The difference between the Watson situation and AR situation, beside the massage, is GB is already preparing for his exit. Hou still grasping the last straw to keep Watson.
You missed the biggest difference; one has a "no trade clause" and one doesn't.
The Packers can send AR wherever they want.

Nope don't like selfish players nor do I want a QB acting as the coach and GM of our team. That's equal to the inmates running the insane asylum.

Didnt Rodgers say he wanted input on roster moves where he went? I mean its nice to speculate and all but I dont think Grier or Flores want to give that up...
Input on roster moves was not an issue until the FO traded up to draft his backup/replacement (without telling him) in one of the deepest WR drafts ever, and left him w Lazard as his #2.

He has singlehandedly made them a contender for over a decade, and I think he has earned the right to not be completely left out of the loop for a move like that.

I don't know if he wants Brady-esque control of the roster, or if he's just sick of their bull****.

Last edited:
This is only a guess, welcome to hear what you have to say.
I started following dolpins in middle school in late 70s, when Woodley was the QB. Missed the glory SB years.
My guess is fans in my age group tent to more willing to mortage the future picks and push the cap issue down the road to get Rodgers for at least a couple years of serious SB run. Fans in 20s and 30s are more unwilling to give up picks to acquire Rodgers, and preach patient.
Just my 2 cents.

This is only a guess, welcome to hear what you have to say.
I started following dolpins in middle school in late 70s, when Woodley was the QB. Missed the glory SB years.
My guess is fans in my age group tent to more willing to mortage the future picks and push the cap issue down the road to get Rodgers for at least a couple years of serious SB run. Fans in 20s and 30s are more unwilling to give up picks to acquire Rodgers, and preach patient.
Just my 2 cents.
Not really........went to my first game in 1970 and have been a fan since.....and I wouldn’t mortgage the future for Rodgers.

I like where this team is going, and how it is being built to get there. Flores and Grier are building with a plan for sustained success and I think they are going to get there. I would much rather have a decade or more of competitive chances to win Superbowls than take one chance on a divisive but talented 37 year old QB that has proven he is no Tom Brady.

I would stick with the current plan

Back
Top Bottom