Rodgers will be a bust, guarenteed | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rodgers will be a bust, guarenteed

IMO Accuracy and a quick release are the most important physical qualities in a QB.

I agree, I think Rodgers will be a total bust and Smith will find success.

Dudeman said:
dude, great point....

Carr put up very respectable stats as a 25 year old in 2004 while getting sacked 49 times in 16 games, or 3.1 per game

Feeley on the other hand, as a 27 year old, played in 11 games, and got sacked only 23 times, or 2.1 per game, which is equivalent to about 34 sacks in 16 games

Carr had a much worse line, yet put up better #s....hmmmmm

To be fair, Carr was starting in the same offense for the third straight year . An offense run by one man (as opposed to four).

I think Carr's a really good QB. Admittedly I didn't see a whole lot of him in 2004. But what I saw in 2002-2003 impressed me a bunch. Kid's tough as nails.

Strike 1 : You act like you have an original prediction, but you later
inadvertently admit that your whole idea was from another source.

lordlegel said:
"Id just like to say before anyone else that Aaron Rodgers will fall way short of his expectations. Here is the reason: Jeff Tedford."

"And its not like i made this up about tedford and his qb's being bad in the nfl. There was some article in SI a long time ago that talked about it and in the recent ESPN the Mag they also mention tedford as a negative aspect of Rodgers"

Strike 2 : Your theory is based on comparing him to other "failure" QBs that have gone through that coach. Not only is the "failure" label highly questionable, but Carr was proven to be an invalid specimen.

Strike 3 : You're saying his failure is guaranteed, while no one, including yourself, has a firm grasp on the QBs you're comparing him to. These guys have at least a few years of experience... Rodgers hasn't even been drafted yet!

I'll admit it aswell. Aaron Rodgers is not gonna be as great as hes prejected to be. This year is weak in qbs... and because Aaron is the best this year, does not mean hes gonna be great in the NFL. This year is just weak in quarterbacks...

lordlegel said:
But the difference between Feeley and the others is that Feeley has a cannon (minus Smith, his problem was his stupidity).

:confused::confused: Carr and Boller have cannons. Boller was the guy at last year's workouts throwing off his knees for some ridiculous distance.

And I wouldn't call Carr or Boller busts yet. Harrington has been dissappointing and Akili Smith, well that's the Bungles for you.

I don't think Rodgers will be great but I think your assessment of past Tedford QB's is way off.

lordlegel said:
We stated earlier that Carr did not play under Tedford so lets not talk about him anymore. And i CAN knock a qb for playing under a certain coach, its called product of the system, ever heard of it? And its not like i made this up about tedford and his qb's being bad in the nfl. There was some article in SI a long time ago that talked about it and in the recent ESPN the Mag they also mention tedford as a negative aspect of Rodgers
I don't care what you stated, Carr did play for Tedford. He coached him at Fresno State in '97. Some may say he only coached him for a year, but the same could be said for Akili Smith who he only coached in '98. In fact it can be argued that he would have more of an impact on a freshman just learning to play than a senior who already has learned most of what he will learn. The whole idea that a player should be knocked because of who he played for is rediculous whether there was an SI article or not. Under that theory you would have to assume that it is impossible for a good QB to play for Tedford, which is ludicrous.

Back
Top Bottom