Rodgers will be a bust, guarenteed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rodgers will be a bust, guarenteed

lordlegel

Brown Delivers
Reaction score
Id just like to say before anyone else that Aaron Rodgers will fall way short of his expectations. Here is the reason: Jeff Tedford.

Jeff Tedford is one of the best offensive minded coaches in college. His system produces excellent results, especially at quarterback. That wouldnt seem like a problem except when these quarterbacks leave his system they fall on their faces in the NFL. Examples: Akili Smith, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Kyle Boller, etc. Aaron Rodgers is the latest in line and it should be expected he follows the same path of his predecesors. He is short (6'2'') and doesnt have excellent arm strength. He is pedestrian in speed, average in pocket awareness. His biggest possitive is his accuracy. But accuracy can be taught and set up. With the right short routes one's accuracy can increase 10% or so.

So lets say Ricky returns (:shakeno: ) and we dont draft a rb (:fire: ), i for one say we should not take Rodgers. AJ Feeley i believe also played under Tedford's system but im not sure. Feeley played a year before Harrington so it is likely Feeley did play with Tedford. But the difference between Feeley and the others is that Feeley has a cannon (minus Smith, his problem was his stupidity). Alex Smith looks much more appealing but he will likely go #1 so i hope we dont draft a qb.

Guaranteed? Thanks for telling us oh mighty one! I wouldn't exactly call David Carr, Joey Harrington, and Kyle Boller busts either.

lordlegel said:
Id just like to say before anyone else that Aaron Rodgers will fall way short of his expectations. Here is the reason: Jeff Tedford.

Jeff Tedford is one of the best offensive minded coaches in college. His system produces excellent results, especially at quarterback. That wouldnt seem like a problem except when these quarterbacks leave his system they fall on their faces in the NFL. Examples: Akili Smith, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Kyle Boller, etc. Aaron Rodgers is the latest in line and it should be expected he follows the same path of his predecesors. He is short (6'2'') and doesnt have excellent arm strength. He is pedestrian in speed, average in pocket awareness. His biggest possitive is his accuracy. But accuracy can be taught and set up. With the right short routes one's accuracy can increase 10% or so.

So lets say Ricky returns (:shakeno: ) and we dont draft a rb (:fire: ), i for one say we should not take Rodgers. AJ Feeley i believe also played under Tedford's system but im not sure. Feeley played a year before Harrington so it is likely Feeley did play with Tedford. But the difference between Feeley and the others is that Feeley has a cannon (minus Smith, his problem was his stupidity). Alex Smith looks much more appealing but he will likely go #1 so i hope we dont draft a qb.

I also dont think he is worth Top 5 pick, but I think he will be a decent NFL starter.. And Feeley did play under Tedford as well.

lordlegel said:

Id take David Carr anyday. Hes gonna be real good, hes already proving it.

I dont think Carr was a Tedford QB.. Seeing as how both Carr and Harrington were taken in the same draft..

Id take David Carr anyday. Hes gonna be real good, hes already proving it.
David Carr is like 26 or somthin already and isnt showing anything to me. He is barely better than Harrington and both are overstaying their welcomes. Harrington will be gone after this year if he doesnt play well. He should play well, i dont know why he isnt, he has Kevin Jones, Roy Williams and Charles Rogers. And Carr has almost the exact same situation His offense is looking good with Andre Johnson and their rb (forgot his name). If both teams struggle this year Harrington will be gone and the Texans may be lookin for a new qb (Brees)

I dont think Carr was a Tedford QB.. Seeing as how both Carr and Harrington were taken in the same draft..
lol solid point, solid point. I thought i heard somewhere Carr was. Well it only helps my point that he wasnt with tedford anyway cuz Carr is doing better than the others

So because a few young QB's havent reached their potential yet and they happened to be coached by Tedford Rogers will be a bust? I'm glad your not our GM.

lordlegel said:
David Carr is like 26 or somthin already and isnt showing anything to me. He is barely better than Harrington and both are overstaying their welcomes. Harrington will be gone after this year if he doesnt play well. He should play well, i dont know why he isnt, he has Kevin Jones, Roy Williams and Charles Rogers. And Carr has almost the exact same situation His offense is looking good with Andre Johnson and their rb (forgot his name). If both teams struggle this year Harrington will be gone and the Texans may be lookin for a new qb (Brees)

I don't agree, i think Carr is a good QB. Give it 2 years and i think he is a probowler. And the RB ur forgeting is Domanick Davis

So because a few young QB's havent reached their potential yet and they happened to be coached by Tedford Rogers will be a bust? I'm glad your not our GM.
Ahem...what kind of crap is that? Smith is a little out of the league and who is to say what someone's potential is? This isnt a video game where its rated. Potential is judged by where your drafted and hoping they become equivilent to others picked at the same position at the same spot. And Smith being a #1 has failed miserably. Harrington was 3 or so and he has been below average. Boller is still a little young to judge but he is not worth the 1st round selection.

most qbs that played for tedford did well in college and have not lived up to expectations in the nfl...kyle boyler and joey harrington are great examples... david carr doesnt count b/c he was only coached by tedford his freshman or sophmorehe season..kyle boyler wasnt a 1st rd pick until tedford made him better his senior season....name one qb that has done well in the nfl after leaving tedford?

Also, if i was our GM i would have drafted Anquan Boldin two years ago (i honestly tabbed him as a steal that we should take, dead serious) and last year i would have traded for Drew Henson. This year i wouldve tried to trade for Travis Henry and trade our #2 and surtain for the vikings #7 and #16 or somthin and take Derrick Johnson and Carlos Rogers. So would u really rather have Spielman, or me as the Fins GM?

lordlegel said:
Ahem...what kind of crap is that? Smith is a little out of the league and who is to say what someone's potential is? This isnt a video game where its rated. Potential is judged by where your drafted and hoping they become equivilent to others picked at the same position at the same spot. And Smith being a #1 has failed miserably. Harrington was 3 or so and he has been below average. Boller is still a little young to judge but he is not worth the 1st round selection.
Yes, Smith was a bust but that had more to do with mental makeup than athletic ability. Harrington has had no offense around him until now, but should have made more progress by now. He still has alot of potential. Boller hasn't even played two full years in the league and has had no good recievers. Last year in the end of the year he started to make progress. He also still has potential. Carr has been improving every year and should finally break out this year. The fact is these guys are all still young and DO have alot of upside. But my main point was that you can't knock a QB for playing for a certain coach. Rogers has all the tools to be a very good QB and I can guarantee no GM is going to rate him lower because of his coach.

Back
Top Bottom