Rodgers will be a bust, guarenteed | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rodgers will be a bust, guarenteed

lordlegel said:
Id just like to say before anyone else that Aaron Rodgers will fall way short of his expectations. Here is the reason: Jeff Tedford.

Jeff Tedford is one of the best offensive minded coaches in college. His system produces excellent results, especially at quarterback. That wouldnt seem like a problem except when these quarterbacks leave his system they fall on their faces in the NFL. Examples: Akili Smith, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Kyle Boller, etc. Aaron Rodgers is the latest in line and it should be expected he follows the same path of his predecesors. He is short (6'2'') and doesnt have excellent arm strength. He is pedestrian in speed, average in pocket awareness. His biggest possitive is his accuracy. But accuracy can be taught and set up. With the right short routes one's accuracy can increase 10% or so.

So lets say Ricky returns (:shakeno: ) and we dont draft a rb (:fire: ), i for one say we should not take Rodgers. AJ Feeley i believe also played under Tedford's system but im not sure. Feeley played a year before Harrington so it is likely Feeley did play with Tedford. But the difference between Feeley and the others is that Feeley has a cannon (minus Smith, his problem was his stupidity). Alex Smith looks much more appealing but he will likely go #1 so i hope we dont draft a qb.

The difference is (unlike Feeley, Boller, Smith, and Harrington) Rodgers is an extremely accurate passer with a very quick release. None of those other QBs completed 60% of their passes in college, Rodgers completed 61% as a junior and 66% as a senior. And Rodgers has shown in college, in the college all star challenge, and at his private workout that he has the arm to make throws of all distances without losing accuracy.

His height is not a concern at all. He has a high release point so won't have problems with tipped balls (like Feeley does despite being taller). Favre, Young, Montana, and Brunell have done just fine in the NFL at 6'2''.

tucker said:
most qbs that played for tedford did well in college and have not lived up to expectations in the nfl...kyle boyler and joey harrington are great examples... david carr doesnt count b/c he was only coached by tedford his freshman or sophmorehe season..kyle boyler wasnt a 1st rd pick until tedford made him better his senior season....name one qb that has done well in the nfl after leaving tedford?

Name one Tedford QB that threw the football accurately in college while coached by Tedford. [Hint: initials are AR]

lordlegel said:
Id just like to say before anyone else that Aaron Rodgers will fall way short of his expectations. Here is the reason: Jeff Tedford.

Jeff Tedford is one of the best offensive minded coaches in college. His system produces excellent results, especially at quarterback. That wouldnt seem like a problem except when these quarterbacks leave his system they fall on their faces in the NFL. Examples: Akili Smith, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Kyle Boller, etc. Aaron Rodgers is the latest in line and it should be expected he follows the same path of his predecesors. He is short (6'2'') and doesnt have excellent arm strength. He is pedestrian in speed, average in pocket awareness. His biggest possitive is his accuracy. But accuracy can be taught and set up. With the right short routes one's accuracy can increase 10% or so.

So lets say Ricky returns (:shakeno: ) and we dont draft a rb (:fire: ), i for one say we should not take Rodgers. AJ Feeley i believe also played under Tedford's system but im not sure. Feeley played a year before Harrington so it is likely Feeley did play with Tedford. But the difference between Feeley and the others is that Feeley has a cannon (minus Smith, his problem was his stupidity). Alex Smith looks much more appealing but he will likely go #1 so i hope we dont draft a qb.

Ok a few things. First of all your thread bites. You have no idea what Rodgers is going to do. Every fball player is their own man...whos to say Rodgers wont accell in every aspect of the game? He's definitly got the tools to do it and thats what you bank on. POTENTIAL. As for the Carr/Harrington debate...they were both Tedford guys...Tedford was a QB coach at Oregon from 98-01 where he mentored Harrington. He was with Fresno State prior to that from 92-97 where he had Carr as a freshman i believe and technically had him for a year or two(count the redshirt or what not). Lastly Feeley was also a Tedford guy. Now about Rodgers...4.65/4.7 is pedestrian? Thats faster than Steve Young ever ran and he was considered a "mobile" QB...so i think his speed is juuuust fine.( even though the QB position is more about mobility and awareness in the pocket which he seems to have in droves) And of course his arm strength. You contradict yourself here by saying Rodgers doesnt have the arm and then say that Smith is the better prospect when Rodgers not only has the better arm of the two he probably has the best arm in the past 3-5 drafts(as noted by a few experts)I am total pro QB in this draft for many reasons that i wont get into with this post. All that being said...i do believe Smith will also be a good pro, but Rodgers has better tools (other than his height and 6'2 is just fine see Young, Favre amongst others that are 6'2)and IMO has more upside. And you spelled GUARANTEED wrong. :shakeno:

lordlegel said:
Also, if i was our GM i would have drafted Anquan Boldin two years ago (i honestly tabbed him as a steal that we should take, dead serious) and last year i would have traded for Drew Henson. This year i wouldve tried to trade for Travis Henry and trade our #2 and surtain for the vikings #7 and #16 or somthin and take Derrick Johnson and Carlos Rogers. So would u really rather have Spielman, or me as the Fins GM?

The #2 pick and one of the best CBs in the league to trade down for #7 and #18? Are you Spielman?

lordlegel said:
Two times, his game against Lienart and USC and his bowl game. He looked good in both but it didnt really change my mind. I am a Gator fan and i remember watching all the spurrier qb's and they looked crazy good in college (Wuerful, the Bachelor, Doug Johnson, Rex Grossman) but all of them are products of the fun and gun system. Tedford is just like spurrier, i would not trust any qb that played under tedford and excelled but did not excell anywhere before and doesnt fit the nfl type qb (big, strong arm, athletic)

Rodgers' size is not perfect, but acceptable (see Favre, Young, Montana, Brunell, etc). He's proved he has an NFL arm and he's certainly athletic enough with good feet in the pocket.

lordlegel said:
Two times, his game against Lienart and USC
the game against lienart? lionheart? lienhart? :roflmao: :roflmao: :lol: :lol:

man, Matt should just change the spelling of his last name now and save everyone the trouble.

lordlegel said:
Two times, his game against Lienart and USC and his bowl game. He looked good in both but it didnt really change my mind. I am a Gator fan and i remember watching all the spurrier qb's and they looked crazy good in college (Wuerful, the Bachelor, Doug Johnson, Rex Grossman) but all of them are products of the fun and gun system. Tedford is just like spurrier, i would not trust any qb that played under tedford and excelled but did not excell anywhere before and doesnt fit the nfl type qb (big, strong arm, athletic)

O you saw him play two times. I was worried you hadn't watched enough of him to form a solid opinion. Clearly two games is enough to know a player is going to be a bust in the NFL. Especially those crummy games where he broke the college football record for consecutive completions, nearly beat the best team in the country, and played well despite throwing to his 4th and 5th WRs that dropped passes and couldn't get open.

lordlegel said:

Wrong...Rodgers has a very good arm....is athletic...and is very accurate...so you said it but it dont mean ****.....David Carr is just fine thank you....I suppose it's the same w/ Norm Chow then too huh??? Detmer, Boscoe, Palmer,.....oh wait STEVE YOUNG.....OOPS!!! Just cause a guy has a good system doesnt mean he can't ahve good players. If Rodgers busts it has NOTHING to do with the reasons you mentioned.

texasPHINSfan said:
the game against lienart? lionheart? lienhart? :roflmao: :roflmao: :lol: :lol:

man, Matt should just change the spelling of his last name now and save everyone the trouble.

I just call him Matt the ******* who would rather go back for one more irrelevant college year than be the 1st overall pick of the 2005 NFL draft.

These QBs that have ties to Tedford are coming along nicely in the NFL...

David Carr: Comp. 61.2% 3531 yds 14-12 TD/INT 83.5 Rating

Joey Harrington: Comp. 56% 3047 yds 19-12 TD/INT 77.5 Rating

Kyle Boller: Comp. 55.6% 2559 yds 13-11 TD/INT 70.9 Rating

These guys are at best 3rd year players and in Boller's case, showed great improvement from the Philly game on. And for those of you that are so enamoured with Feeley, compare his numbers and don't forget he's been in the league longer and is older than all three...

AJ Feeley: Comp. 53.7 1893 yds 11-15 TD/INT 61.7 Rating

His numbers are quite sobering when compared to these other "busts"...aren't they?

thepoolboy said:

These guys are at best 3rd year players and in Boller's case, showed great improvement from the Philly game on. And for those of you that are so enamoured with Feeley, compare his number and don't forget he's been in the league longer and is older than all three...

His numbers are quite sobering when compared to these other "busts"...aren't they?

how many picks returned for TDs did Carr, Harrington, and Boller have? do you think there's a site that would list that kind of stat?

Dudeman said:
how many picks returned for TDs did Carr, Harrington, and Boller have? do you think there's a site that would list that kind of stat?

I've checked everywhere but I can't find it. I did hear that AJ was either close to a new record or set a new record. Either way it's not very impressive for a part-time starter. But of course that was the o-line's fault.

lordlegel said:

Your age fits your knowledge of the game. Rodgers offense or not still has the abilities and tangibles to be a bood NFL QB. Wake-up and stop drinking BOONES and get some real beer!

thepoolboy said:

These guys are at best 3rd year players and in Boller's case, showed great improvement from the Philly game on. And for those of you that are so enamoured with Feeley, compare his numbers and don't forget he's been in the league longer and is older than all three...

And who knows how good Boller would be if he actually had someone to throw to. Boller had the worst WRs in the NFL, Todd Heap was injured most of the season, and Jamal Lewis missed a lot of time as well.

thepoolboy said:
I've checked everywhere but I can't find it. I did hear that AJ was either close to a new record or set a new record. Either way it's not very impressive for a part-time starter. But of course that was the o-line's fault.

i know one thing: carr does a whole lot better without an o-line than feeley does.

Back
Top Bottom