Rodgers will be a bust, guarenteed | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rodgers will be a bust, guarenteed

General Tso said:
The #2 pick and one of the best CBs in the league to trade down for #7 and #18? Are you Spielman?

HAHA thats what I was thinking.... the #2 is worth more then just the #7 and #18, let alone to throw in Surtain....haha

Phishstix said:
i know one thing: carr does a whole lot better without an o-line than feeley does.

dude, great point....

Carr put up very respectable stats as a 25 year old in 2004 while getting sacked 49 times in 16 games, or 3.1 per game

Feeley on the other hand, as a 27 year old, played in 11 games, and got sacked only 23 times, or 2.1 per game, which is equivalent to about 34 sacks in 16 games

Carr had a much worse line, yet put up better #s....hmmmmm

thepoolboy said:
These QBs that have ties to Tedford are coming along nicely in the NFL...

David Carr: Comp. 61.2% 3531 yds 14-12 TD/INT 83.5 Rating

Joey Harrington: Comp. 56% 3047 yds 19-12 TD/INT 77.5 Rating

Kyle Boller: Comp. 55.6% 2559 yds 13-11 TD/INT 70.9 Rating

These guys are at best 3rd year players and in Boller's case, showed great improvement from the Philly game on. And for those of you that are so enamoured with Feeley, compare his numbers and don't forget he's been in the league longer and is older than all three...

AJ Feeley: Comp. 53.7 1893 yds 11-15 TD/INT 61.7 Rating

His numbers are quite sobering when compared to these other "busts"...aren't they?

Not so fast w/ feeley though. You have to remember this guy didnt play in college. He was at oregon and was the starter but got hurt. Harrington stepped in and played well - so Feeley never got a shot. He has basically played 15 games since High School - think about that!!! He has the tools - Konrad even said so in his interview the other day (another thread). This guy may be ok he needs time. The other guys (especially Carr) are coming along well.

merlin00069 said:
Ok a few things. First of all your thread bites. You have no idea what Rodgers is going to do. Every fball player is their own man...whos to say Rodgers wont accell in every aspect of the game? He's definitly got the tools to do it and thats what you bank on. POTENTIAL. As for the Carr/Harrington debate...they were both Tedford guys...Tedford was a QB coach at Oregon from 98-01 where he mentored Harrington. He was with Fresno State prior to that from 92-97 where he had Carr as a freshman i believe and technically had him for a year or two(count the redshirt or what not). Lastly Feeley was also a Tedford guy. Now about Rodgers...4.65/4.7 is pedestrian? Thats faster than Steve Young ever ran and he was considered a "mobile" QB...so i think his speed is juuuust fine.( even though the QB position is more about mobility and awareness in the pocket which he seems to have in droves) And of course his arm strength. You contradict yourself here by saying Rodgers doesnt have the arm and then say that Smith is the better prospect when Rodgers not only has the better arm of the two he probably has the best arm in the past 3-5 drafts(as noted by a few experts)I am total pro QB in this draft for many reasons that i wont get into with this post. All that being said...i do believe Smith will also be a good pro, but Rodgers has better tools (other than his height and 6'2 is just fine see Young, Favre amongst others that are 6'2)and IMO has more upside. And you spelled GUARANTEED wrong. :shakeno:

Woah not so fast .....I agree w/ most of this post. However, gotta leave the Steve Young was slower than Rodgers thing out....I argued earlier that Rodgers was VERY athletic for the position. But Steve Young, it could be argued, was the best to ever play the game - the guy played RB in the USFL....and He could have in the NFL too.

lordlegel said:
Id just like to say before anyone else that Aaron Rodgers will fall way short of his expectations. Here is the reason: Jeff Tedford.

Jeff Tedford is one of the best offensive minded coaches in college. His system produces excellent results, especially at quarterback. That wouldnt seem like a problem except when these quarterbacks leave his system they fall on their faces in the NFL. Examples: Akili Smith, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Kyle Boller, etc. Aaron Rodgers is the latest in line and it should be expected he follows the same path of his predecesors. He is short (6'2'') and doesnt have excellent arm strength. He is pedestrian in speed, average in pocket awareness. His biggest possitive is his accuracy. But accuracy can be taught and set up. With the right short routes one's accuracy can increase 10% or so.

So lets say Ricky returns (:shakeno: ) and we dont draft a rb (:fire: ), i for one say we should not take Rodgers. AJ Feeley i believe also played under Tedford's system but im not sure. Feeley played a year before Harrington so it is likely Feeley did play with Tedford. But the difference between Feeley and the others is that Feeley has a cannon (minus Smith, his problem was his stupidity). Alex Smith looks much more appealing but he will likely go #1 so i hope we dont draft a qb.
I dont like Rodgers, and dont think he'll be great...

BUT...

David Carr is class... he can take a beating, a quality QB. Boller and Harrington are far from busts.

Dudeman said:
how many picks returned for TDs did Carr, Harrington, and Boller have? do you think there's a site that would list that kind of stat?

OK...it took some time but I found it...

David Carr - One INT returned for a TD (Week 10)
Joey Harrington - Two INTs returned for TD (Weeks 6 and 16)
Kyle Boller - Zero INTs returned for TDs

AJ Feeley - Five INTs returned for TDs (Weeks 1, 2, 9, 11 and 13)

I cannot confirm if this is a record or not.

lordlegel said:
Id just like to say before anyone else that Aaron Rodgers will fall way short of his expectations. Here is the reason: Jeff Tedford.

Jeff Tedford is one of the best offensive minded coaches in college. His system produces excellent results, especially at quarterback. That wouldnt seem like a problem except when these quarterbacks leave his system they fall on their faces in the NFL. Examples: Akili Smith, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Kyle Boller, etc. Aaron Rodgers is the latest in line and it should be expected he follows the same path of his predecesors. He is short (6'2'') and doesnt have excellent arm strength. He is pedestrian in speed, average in pocket awareness. His biggest possitive is his accuracy. But accuracy can be taught and set up. With the right short routes one's accuracy can increase 10% or so.

So lets say Ricky returns (:shakeno: ) and we dont draft a rb (:fire: ), i for one say we should not take Rodgers. AJ Feeley i believe also played under Tedford's system but im not sure. Feeley played a year before Harrington so it is likely Feeley did play with Tedford. But the difference between Feeley and the others is that Feeley has a cannon (minus Smith, his problem was his stupidity). Alex Smith looks much more appealing but he will likely go #1 so i hope we dont draft a qb.

I agree! although if alex smith isnt taken 1st and braylon edwards is then should we take Alex smith

to call David Carr a bust.You dont watch football.Get this thread the hell out of here.

I think Rodgers will be a decent NFL quarterback

Last I checked, you're looking for more than that with the second pick. Much, much more.

I don't give a flip who coached him. I've seen Rodgers 20+ times including twice in person. He may time fast, but he is NOT agile or athletic. He plays somewhat stiff and holds the ball very mechanically. He has a good arm and release, but almost every pass is on the same trajectory, a semi-line drive. Alex Smith is infinitely superior in variety of pace and loft.

Again, there is no chance I'm taking a QB at #2 with such a short term record of success. Butte Junior College a couple of years ago. Rated the #41 JC prospect by Super Prep. Others can scoff and dismiss that stuff as irrelevant. I love blue blood. Especially when I'm picking high and making a likely 5-year investment.

lordlegel said:

You post is so full of error its laughable, Aaron Rodgers has a powerful arm, perhaps you didn't see him win the long distance and accuracy competition making Kyle Orton, David Greene and Jason White look like High School QB's?

Rodgers ran a 4.7 40 which is a very good time for a QB, he's much faster than Feeley.

Aaron isnt rated soo high simply because he played great in a great offensive system. Many QBs come from high powered offenses and you hafta consider that their stats are inflated. But this isnt about how many TDs he threw or anything like that. You Draft NFL prospects, not college football players. Aaron is a gamer, he has all the tools and a perfect arm. One word describes him...... TEXTBOOK. Sure, just because he HAS the skills to be the greatest QB ever, it doesn't mean he'll even be anygood. But if you think he's a Garunteed Bust, the why will he be a top 5 pick??? And also, whats your opinion of the QBs projected to go in the later rounds???? Are they wasting their time??

all tedford coached QBs are busts then? except AJ who's "different"?

ok, if you say so.

while you're at it, we have a rollover on the lottery here for £30million. could you give me 5 main numbers plus 2 bonus. thanks.

lordlegel said:
His biggest possitive is his accuracy. But accuracy can be taught and set up. With the right short routes one's accuracy can increase 10% or so.
QUOTE]

Not to be an ***, but what games where you watching? The games I watched him in, I saw short hops, major overthrows, and he wasn't even close to being accurate on the move, like so many try to claim he is. I always hear this crap of him being deadly accurate on the run. I laugh at that, because my own eyes tell me a much different story.

He will be an ok QB, much like Boller or Dilfer. Hell, in the right system, say NE, he could be a SB QB, much like Brady. They are pretty much a mirror image. But, dont count on him winning the game. It the other 21 players on the field.

lordlegel said:
David Carr is like 26 or somthin already and isnt showing anything to me. He is barely better than Harrington and both are overstaying their welcomes. Harrington will be gone after this year if he doesnt play well. He should play well, i dont know why he isnt, he has Kevin Jones, Roy Williams and Charles Rogers. And Carr has almost the exact same situation His offense is looking good with Andre Johnson and their rb (forgot his name). If both teams struggle this year Harrington will be gone and the Texans may be lookin for a new qb (Brees)

u mean the same charles rogers that gets hurt every year? the same roy williams that got hurt every other week? not all quarterbacks come out firing. it takes time. david carr has andre and dominick davis, but thats it...nobody else. an offense isnt just 3 guys.

One4theThumb said:
yeah, Carr has a gun, hes awesome!!! ur nuts.

One4theThumb needs more posts so i can look at his avatar....

Back
Top Bottom