Rodney Harrison is a moron..just like the rest of the Pats | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rodney Harrison is a moron..just like the rest of the Pats

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong..I respect what the Patriots have accomplished this year especially in this modern era where there is so much player turnaround..and I'm extremely jealous.

But....

Some of their players are ridiculous when it comes to their "fake" motivational tactics. I was watching the NFL Films post game after the Super Bowl and they showed Harrison and he said..."Nobody believed in us...but we believed in ourselves."

What the hell is he talking about??! The Patriots were favored...they had won 14 straight games going into the Super Bowl. Nobody believed?? He's an idiot..plain and simple. Did he try to convince himself that the Patriots were the underdog so that he could get "pumped up" for the game?

It isn't the first time they've used their imagination to get motivated. Before the AFC Championship, Marcus Pollard stated that "If we play any better than this, y'all just need to go ahead and hand us the ring." What's wrong with that? He's right!..they were tearing it up. If they played better, they'd beat anyone. HE SAID IF! The Patriots were highly offended by this remark.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/7730858.htm

Tom Brady said he should stay quiet because the Patriots don't say anything..they just let their play do the talking. All the guy said was IF. That's what I'm talking about. That's no insult...Pollard was right...IF their offense executed any better than they were (41 & 38 pts) they would go all the way. Is he supposed to expect that the Pats would shut them down...give me a break!

Some of you Miami fans may remember another highly "offensive" remark by Wannstedt directed towards the Pats. Wannstedt mentioned the names of a few of the defensive starters that missed the first game in Miami and said that the injuries hurt the Patriots defense. Washington was upset that Wanny didn't mention every single starter (including himself) that was out for that game. He felt it was an insult to exclude anyone. Wannstedt meant no disrespect but the Pats like to find any little thing to "get up" for games...it's pathetic really.

That's why I hate the Patriots. They don't need that mickey mouse crap to get up for games. They're better than that...or are they??

If only our players would try to get themselves up for games like that.

That's not stupid, that's caring about winning.

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
If only our players would try to get themselves up for games like that.

That's not stupid, that's caring about winning.

My point is that they don't need that stupid crap. It's not real. So you really think that Miami doesn't care about winning because they don't make up a reason to play hard..that's absurd!

Glads, I never said Miami doesn't care, I'm just saying that getting yourself up for a game, whether it be a bogus reason or not, is not stupid.

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
Glads, I never said Miami doesn't care, I'm just saying that getting yourself up for a game, whether it be a bogus reason or not, is not stupid.

I guess so..it's just getting stupid..Harrison acting like the Pats were underdogs? That's so weak..I think they win because they are a great team..not beacuse of the silly motivational stuff.

As far as saying..whatever works..I guess Miami should start making up stuff to get pumped up about? Then Miami will win the SuperBowl? OK..whatever..

i think RH said that because he didn´t have anything else to say. so he came up with a common shallow phrase.
many people do that when they win something.

a few ppl at vegas might have wrote down the pats as the favorite but if you watch the majority of interviews on all these shows with coaches,players, explayers,fans of other teams, i would say most picked carolina, same could probable be said with the titans game and definitely the colts game were many had the colts a fav. during most of the winning streak it seemed like the media and such picked against the pats week in and week out. again im not talking about vegas odds

Originally posted by 82YARDotBOMB
a few ppl at vegas might have wrote down the pats as the favorite but if you watch the majority of interviews on all these shows with coaches,players, explayers,fans of other teams, i would say most picked carolina, same could probable be said with the titans game and definitely the colts game were many had the colts a fav. during most of the winning streak it seemed like the media and such picked against the pats week in and week out. again im not talking about vegas odds

it´s usual that media picks the underdog so i don´t think the patriots were really misregarded as you say. at least not in the playoffs.

These guys use whatever motivational tools they have to to get themselves "up" for a game. This "nobody gave us a chance" is a familiar refrain, spouted by both Carolina and the Pats. Is it artificial? Sure. I'm certain that the players themselves know this on some level. Does it work? I guess it does (providing that you win). Every team uses that one to one degree or another.

The players are routinely shown clips of analysts picking against them so they will try to "Show Them!". Football is played in such an unnatural state of rage that such emotion HAS to be manufactured. It doesn't really exist once the final gun is sounded. I'm sure your beloved 'Phins are similarly "motivated".

Don't be blinded by your own (self-admitted) jealousy. If and when the Aqua Marines storm the gates of the Promised Land, you'll find someone with a Fish on his head stating "No one gave us a chance".

Back
Top Bottom