Roger Goodell - warning: hot take | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Roger Goodell - warning: hot take

uk_dolfan

Proud Tua Cultist
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I know virtually everyone hates him, but I think he seems like a a pretty good guy with a tough job which forces him to be the bad guy....

Thought he did a great job with the draft this weekend and I am really glad that he forced the GMs and owners to go ahead with the draft and gave so many fans a compelling distraction from the misery of the standard news.

*ducks*

tenor.gif

Last edited:
His job is to protect the wealth and interests of billionaires in the face of dangerous threats to income such as worker rights, expression of personal politics and fairly and consistently disciplining domestic abusers, for which he gets paid $40m a year. He did a good job with the draft but I wouldn’t get down on my knees in front of him just yet.

I prefer him to Tagliabue. I don't like that he is the judge, jury, and executioner in a lot of disciplinary cases. However, I am very happy to see him crack down on guys who get into trouble off the field and not let their behavior go unchecked. It is a privilege to play in the NFL, not a right. Sometimes, he gets it wrong. As long as human hands are involved, no process is infallible. But I think he is at least trying to keep the League's image clean and I respect that.

I don't know that I'd call that take hot ...

He's a stooge and pawn and has many times been given the opportunity to do the right thing and has instead been the bitch to his overlord masters, relegated to his real job as billionaire henchman.

He does a decent job of pretending he's a person and not some hired goon ... so I'll give him that.

I've never worked in sports. But I've dealt with a lot of very successful owners of luxury hotels, condos, restaurants and breweries. In each instance, guiding them was extremely problematic. I had one owner who would call me so often and be so annoying that when I resigned he passed me a blank check to get me to stay and said write whatever you want. I still quit. Working with that owner probably took 10 years off my life.

The point I'm making is that I'm sure Goodell has a fairly miserable job. Sure there are hyper perks but reigning in all of these owners who think they are gods as well as wrangling the NFLPA and again getting the CBA done is pretty incredible. Sure, he makes as much as a small country for doing it, so I don't feel bad for him for five minutes. But, let's give him credit for what he gets accomplished.

Back
Top Bottom