Romanowski nearly cries on witness stand at civil trial | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Romanowski nearly cries on witness stand at civil trial

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Retired Raiders linebacker Bill Romanowski nearly came to tears on the witness stand Tuesday as he explained the difficulty of being a family man and somebody who plays a "violent, violent game."

He said he will soon publish Romo: My Jekyll and Hyde Life which speaks of him being a "mild-mannered guy off the field and you play this violent sport with a lot of hitting out on the football field."

Romanowski, who played 16 years in the NFL, is facing a civil trial amid accusations that he punched tight end Marcus Williams during practice, ending the 27-year-old's short-lived NFL career and even causing brain damage when his eye socket was crushed. Williams is seeking millions of dollars from Romanowski in damages, saying the Aug. 24, 2003, blow was out-of-bounds behavior even in the gladiatorlike sport of football where viciousness is cherished.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/03/08/bc.fbn.raiderstrial.ap/index.html

Romo's an idiot. I hope that guy gets all of his money.

He's near tears cause he ripped a guys helmet off from behind and sucker punched him, crushing his orbital bone just for blocking him out of the play and out of bounds,
Can anyone say Roid Rage?
He ruined a young guys NFL career and now he's getting sued and he knows he is going to have to pay $$$$ big time.

Boo Hoo

He cried b/c he has to give up cash not because he seriously hurt someone else.

Romo and his wife had to go to court here in Colorado because Mrs. Romanowski alledgely bought illegal steroids for her husband,,,,they were not convicted. Romo's past also includes spitting on a 49ers player, and he was fined repeatedly while a Broncos and Raider for dirty hits. When you come up to Romo outside the football field he seems the nicest guy in the world...gives autographs, talks to everyone, but something happens to him when he gets on the field. The bottom line is that if you or I injured a co-worker on the job in the way that Romo did (which was totally unjustified) we would probably be doing jail time and not just be facing a civil suit.

That sounds like some bull**** to get people to feel sorry for him. The guy was a racist and on steroids. I hope Williams takes him for everything he got.

saves said:
That sounds like some bull**** to get people to feel sorry for him. The guy was a racist and on steroids. I hope Williams takes him for everything he got.

How do you know he was racist? I'd say at least over 50% of the NFL is not white. If he was racist, i don't think he would be able to get along with more than half of any of the 3 teams he played on. Personally i like the guy as a player. He brought intesity to the field and was a train. Some of his actions however aren't to my liking.

Back
Top Bottom