Ron Dayne signs with Broncos | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ron Dayne signs with Broncos

Great.. Now Denver will have ANOTHER RB to trade off next year after a monster year behind the Denver magic making OL.

my question is this: why arent more teams attempting to copy Denver and replicate their success with zone blocking scheme on the O line? ive seen it broken down on film at one time or another on just about every pregame show. it doesnt seem like it is anything too taxing mentally that your average NFL O lineman couldnt figure it out. maybe it is, and Denver just does it so well that it appears easy when i've watched game film of them.

Dayne will prob be the next Bronco to get 1,000 yards and then get traded next offseason.

I think Dayne sucks but being on the famed Denver O will be interesting to watch.

Ron Dayne won't sniff 1,000 yards.

The Broncos running backs, no matter who they are, all hit the hole hard or have great cutback ability...Dayne has neither.

The first time Shanahan sees him tapdance his way to a one yard gain on a play that should have gained 20 Dayne will be on the pine.

I'd be surprised if he even made the team. In my opinion he is good for nothing. He is'nt a third down back (even though he runs like a slow scatback...not a good thing). He can't play fullback (even though he has the size he could'nt block his way out of a wet paper bag). He can't be the everydown back....the list goes on.

The Broncos have Tatum Bell (who will start), Mike Anderson (who can play fullback and tailback and plays special teams), Quentin Griffin (who can start and play special teams), Garrison Hearst (older but could still be effective in a limited role, good team guy) and Cecil Sapp (who plays special teams)....where does Dayne fit in all that?

Answer...he does'nt. He'll get cut.

WelcomeBack said:
With Droughns out of Denver now though,that opens the door for Tatum Bell,so I don't see Dayne starting there.

dont forget quintin griffin

unifiedtheory said:
Ron Dayne won't sniff 1,000 yards.

The Broncos running backs, no matter who they are, all hit the hole hard or have great cutback ability...Dayne has neither.

The first time Shanahan sees him tapdance his way to a one yard gain on a play that should have gained 20 Dayne will be on the pine.

I'd be surprised if he even made the team. In my opinion he is good for nothing. He is'nt a third down back (even though he runs like a slow scatback...not a good thing). He can't play fullback (even though he has the size he could'nt block his way out of a wet paper bag). He can't be the everydown back....the list goes on.

The Broncos have Tatum Bell (who will start), Mike Anderson (who can play fullback and tailback and plays special teams), Quentin Griffin (who can start and play special teams), Garrison Hearst (older but could still be effective in a limited role, good team guy) and Cecil Sapp (who plays special teams)....where does Dayne fit in all that?

Answer...he does'nt. He'll get cut.
Very well said! :clap:

_dan24 said:
What did dayne run in the 40?
Dont know he and clarettw ill be finishing any minute now.

Nah j/k i think it was like a 4.55. His problem is hes always been too much of a dancer and hes neither a power or speed back so its difficult to block for him as well. He even lost the short yardage job to Mike Cloud last year and dorsey levens the year before

ok dayne i think can be a runningback who really revives his career in denver if he gets the chance but he wont because tatum bell is going to stay healthy most of the year and i figure he will have a 1300 yard season......... if dayne gets his chance as a starter he will have an avg just under a hundred a game i think mainly because of denvers o-line and i think dayne is due for a big season if he somehow starts:tongue:

dayne is terrible. Really i wouldnt lie. This guy cant even hold a job over someone named Mike Cloud and a washed up dorsey levens! B-U-S-T = Someone who simply is a better college than pro player. for ex: ron dayne

Tatum Bell in Denver scares me. Not Ron Dayne. I think that Sammy Morris is a better back than Dayne. What happened to Rueben Droughns, I didn't know he wasn't a Bronco anymore.

Sirspud said:
Tatum Bell in Denver scares me. Not Ron Dayne. I think that Sammy Morris is a better back than Dayne. What happened to Rueben Droughns, I didn't know he wasn't a Bronco anymore.
droughns was dealt for ebenezer ekuban the other day. LOL @ denver having 3 Cleveland Dl and expecting to be good. :roflmao:

Boik14 said:
droughns was dealt for ebenezer ekuban the other day. LOL @ denver having 3 Cleveland Dl and expecting to be good. :roflmao:

If they ever stayed healthy ya they'd be good, but those guys get injured EVERY year...

Back
Top Bottom