Ron Wolf Leaves Position W/ Browns

dolphinfan8500

Practice Squad
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-browns-wolf&prov=ap&type=lgns

Wolf leaves consulting job with Browns

By TOM WITHERS, AP Sports Writer
April 13, 2004

CLEVELAND (AP) -- Ron Wolf resigned as a part-time personnel consultant to the Cleveland Browns on Tuesday, less than three months after being hired by the club.

Wolf, who built the Green Bay Packers into a Super Bowl champion, said his decision to leave the Browns was tied into Carmen Policy's resignation as team president.

Policy announced last week that he was stepping down as president and chief executive.

``Once that happened, that was it for me,'' Wolf said in a telephone interview. ``Carmen had been the one who brought me in and after he said he was leaving, there was no reason for me to stay, either.''

After the Browns went 5-11 last season, they hired the 65-year-old Wolf in January to assist them in evaluating their current roster and to plan for next week's college draft.

Wolf worked from his home in Maryland, reviewing game tapes and video of potential draft picks. The Browns had also asked Wolf for his opinion before they decided to replace quarterback Tim Couch by signing free agent QB Jeff Garcia.

However, coach Butch Davis dismissed Wolf's input during the recent NFL meetings.

``I don't think his opinion had any bearing whatsoever on what transpired,'' Davis said, referring to the Couch-Garcia decision. ``He gave an opinion about our quarterbacks the same way he had an opinion about our left guards.''

Wolf was asked if Davis' comments had angered him.

``I was just a part-time guy, so he could use me anyway that he wanted to,'' Wolf replied.

It is no mystery why the Browns continue to struggle....they have an idiot for a Head Coach.

Butch Davis' comments regarding Ron Wolf's impact on the team's QB situation is the latest example of his inability to coach in the NFL.

Go back to the NCAA. You don't belong with the big boys!

OMG!!....the Browns are the laughing stock of the league!!!.....:rolleyes: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom