Ronald Fields's workout | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronald Fields's workout

KB21

Club Member
Reaction score
Fields measured in at 6-2 1/8 inches, 298 lbs. He ran two forties, one with the wind and one into the wind. Both clocked at 5.07 seconds. He also did 23 reps on the bench.

I'm waiting to hear back from my Mississippi State contact to see if any of the Dolphins coaches were there to talk to him and watch him workout.

I'm thinking he will be in the 3rd to 4th round area. Someone could fall in love with his potential and take him higher though.

KB21 said:
I'm thinking he will be in the 3rd to 4th round area. Someone could fall in love with his potential and take him higher though.

Really? I woulda said a late second.

I don't think he has done enough on the field to warrant being taken higher than the third round at this point. This is a player with first round talent but fifth round production.

KB21 said:
I don't think he has done enough on the field to warrant being taken higher than the third round at this point. This is a player with first round talent but fifth round production.

Yea, but I have a feeling teams are going to fall in love with his talent and get him in the second.

KB21 said:

Thanks!!
Wow, I wouldnt mind the Phins picking him up in the 4th.

KB21 said:
Fields measured in at 6-2 1/8 inches, 298 lbs. He ran two forties, one with the wind and one into the wind. Both clocked at 5.07 seconds. He also did 23 reps on the bench.

I'm waiting to hear back from my Mississippi State contact to see if any of the Dolphins coaches were there to talk to him and watch him workout.

I know Miami has scouted him quite a bit. I'm sure some reps were there at least.

Why the hell is he so light now?

Jaj said:
Why the hell is he so light now?

Basically, the new coaching staff at Mississippi State got his butt in shape.

Ronald Fields

As a Mississippi State alumnus, it still steams my *** that the previous coaching staff did an incredible disservice to many of the players on that team by never teaching them technique and allowing them to take plays off.

Ronald learned last spring that there were consequences for taking plays off with Coach Croom around. If he had another year at Mississippi State with this coaching staff, Ronald could probably be a first round pick.

KB21 said:
Basically, the new coaching staff at Mississippi State got his butt in shape.

Ronald Fields

As a Mississippi State alumnus, it still steams my *** that the previous coaching staff did an incredible disservice to many of the players on that team by never teaching them technique and allowing them to take plays off.

Ronald learned last spring that there were consequences for taking plays off with Coach Croom around. If he had another year at Mississippi State with this coaching staff, Ronald could probably be a first round pick.

They've had plenty of good talent that's just been ignored. My personal favorite player was Tommy Kelly. Justin Jenkins and even our own talented- but poorly coached Donald Lee.

Jaj said:
They've had plenty of good talent that's just been ignored. My personal favorite player was Tommy Kelly. Justin Jenkins and even our own talented- but poorly coached Donald Lee.

That's a problem that will no longer be a problem at Mississippi State. They are short on talent at the moment, but they do have some good young players who will be developing over the next 3-4 years. They had five players who were named to the All-SEC Freshman team last season.

A name to remember is Deljuan Robinson. He's a junior this year, and based on the reports I've heard, he has really put things together this spring. He's a 6'5", 310 lbs defensive tackle that has drawn rave reviews for his work this spring.

23 bench reps at 225 isnt that impressive. I wouldnt mind a mid round gamble on him but Id hope he could hold up vs the run.

To put it in perspective BYU's Scott Young (Guard) did like 45 and was dissappointed. DT's should be getting high 20's or low 30's. Whatever though if the guy can play im sure St nick will land him :)

I dont even think hes worth a 4th rounder his numbers are not that impressive when looking at strength and i feel the dolphins need to fill other positions first

Back
Top Bottom