Ronnie and Ricky | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie and Ricky

Losman7

Greater of 2 Evils.
Reaction score
Are they going to be able to coexist beyong 2005 if they have too?

While Ronnie is a rookie, he won't mind having Ricky around, but say you can't find a trade for him, will Ronnie want to split carries with Ricky, taking away from his numbers, there by limiting his oppourtunities to suceed? It could cost him pro-bowls if he turns out to be a good back.

Would you let Ricky go instead of making Ronnie unhappy?

The day Ricky doesn't benefit Ronnie in any way is the day I show him his walking papers. But I'm probably the wrong guy to ask considering I've already been labeled a "Ricky Hater".

what a great problem to have. Good question though. I think it's better asked after this season. With Ronnie having not played a single snap at this level, you can't anwer the question.

Ronnie's not that type of person. He doesn't care. He just wants to win.

He knows he'll start anyway, Ricky will just get about 5-8 carries a game.

I would like to see Ricky help Ronnie as much as he can this year and then we can say goodbye to Ricky. I mean ronnie is going to be the future of this franchise IMHO. So let this be a learning year and then use ricky as trade bait.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Ronnie's not that type of person. He doesn't care. He just wants to win.

He knows he'll start anyway, Ricky will just get about 5-8 carries a game.

If Ricky is keeping him from reaching incentives and pro bowls he'll care. As well he should.

I just don't know that there are going to be the kind of carries that can support two backs.
You've all said yourselves you expect more passes this season,

The viking offense only averaged 18 carries a game by their RB's.

Even if thats up to 20-24 a game in your O while Feeley learns I don't see getting all those backs the ball.

Luckily as fans we don't have to make that decision....we always just hope for the best.
However, I feel that these things usually work themselves out. If we are unable to find a trade taker for Ricky after this season than that means he probably didn't have too hot of a year meaning we wouldn't make Ronnie split carries with him anyways. If Ricky does have a superb year than it shouldn't be as hard to find a taker for him. In my opinion the Dolphins have made a commitment to Ronnie Brown (as long as he is commited to them of course;)) and Ricky coming back can only be helpful for the Dolphins. Ronnie Brown is used to splitting carries and if he splits them with a pro-bowler like Ricky than how can he get angry?

I keep laughing at everyone who keeps saying Ronnie will start and Ricky won't play that much.

Yeah...a rookie who know one even knows can play at the NFL level, who couldn't win the starting job in college, and who has not taken a snap, AUTOMATICALLY beats out a Pro Bowl MVP 2000 yard back. Hmm...just a little premature don't you think? He may start, but only if Ricky goes AWOL again, which may happen.

Losman7 said:
If Ricky is keeping him from reaching incentives and pro bowls he'll care. As well he should.

I just don't know that there are going to be the kind of carries that can support two backs.

Even if thats up to 20-24 a game in your O while Feeley learns I don't see getting all those backs the ball.

It's a good thing Ronnie has some skillz catching the ball...meaning the total number of carries for him isn't as important as the number of touches......which may be a whole other issue in itself with our receiving core:)

Losman7 said:

No, seriously, Ronnie really isn't like that. He won't care. He's not like other pro athletes.

...and as far as the Vikings only running about 18-20 times a game, We don't have Daunte Culpepper or Randy Moss, and we have better running backs than they ever have.
So we'll be running it more.

DirtyDolfan said:
It's a good thing Ronnie has some skillz catching the ball...meaning the total number of carries for him isn't as important as the number of touches......which may be a whole other issue in itself with our receiving core:)

I guess its gonna depend alot on Feeley cutting down on mistakes he made last year, as well as the secondary holding up. If you get behind running backs are taken out of the game.

Ricky will most likely start when his suspension ends. Ronnie will be a fine complement. He'll excel just like he did in Auburn in a role where his hands are his biggest asset. That's why we drafted him.

fin-atic said:
I keep laughing at everyone who keeps saying Ronnie will start and Ricky won't play that much.

Yeah...a rookie who know one even knows can play at the NFL level, who couldn't win the starting job in college, and who has not taken a snap, AUTOMATICALLY beats out a Pro Bowl MVP 2000 yard back. Hmm...just a little premature don't you think? He may start, but only if Ricky goes AWOL again, which may happen.

...and I keep laughing at those who say Ronnie couldn't win the starting position in college and call him a backup

:shakeno:

...and tell me again, when did Ricky get 2000 yards???

DolphinDevil28 said:
No, seriously, Ronnie really isn't like that. He won't care. He's not like other pro athletes.

The guys been pro for little more than 2 months, Who knows what he'll care about ...

Sorry if I don't believe you, but I never thought one of the, if not the best back in the league would quit football right before the season either, but hey...:shakeno:

Losman7 said:
I guess its gonna depend alot on Feeley cutting down on mistakes he made last year, as well as the secondary holding up. If you get behind running backs are taken out of the game.

Such is the nature of the game. Falling behind is troublesome for any team because when you become one dimensional, NFL defenses are pretty good at figuring out what you will do on offense.
Yes, hopefully Feeley doesn't throw 35 interceptions returned for TD's:fire:, but we are hoping that by increasing the skill level at that position (RB) they won't necessarily be taken out of the game.A dangerous weapon is a dangerous weapon (Ricky or hopefully Brown) no matter what the score is.

Back
Top Bottom