Ronnie Brown Chat on ESPN | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie Brown Chat on ESPN

NorthFinFan85

Starter
Reaction score
Hey just wanted to let you know that Roonie Brown will be on ESPN.com at 1 ET... so get in all your questions for the guy who could be our back next year!

Its all nice and neat if you have ESPN "INsider". If not, don't bother.

For anyone who has ESPN Insider, do you mind posting general comments on the chat? I assume posting the entire contents would be frowned upon.

Thanks.

he said he doesnt mind coming to Miami and backing up Jay Fiedler.

He says he would have no problem playing with Ricky if he came back. For some reason I don't buy that.

wow that was such a ****ty chat, no real interesting questions were asked

Here's the full chat. There were some stupid questions like the Ricky one. There really isn't much you can say in these situations when you're trying to impress scouts. You're not going to say that you prefer turf or grass, you're not going to say if Ricky Williams came back you'd be pissed.

You just gotta go with it and try and impress everyone by more or less being ambiguous:

Welcome to The Show! On Monday, 2005 NFL Draft prospect and former Auburn running back Ronnie Brown will stop by to take your questions.
Brown, rated No. 1 on Mel Kiper's Big Board, started only 21 of 47 games for the Tigers yet finished his career ranked No. 7 in school history with 2,707 yards rushing and an average of 5.28 yards per carry. Mel Kiper on Brown:

''Brown is the top running back available after his outstanding combine workout. He showed impressive speed for a 230-pounder, he can catch the ball out of the backfield and also has excellent instincts and quickness, something new Dolphins coach Nick Saban knows all about having coached against Brown in the SEC while at LSU.''

Send your questions now and join Ronnie in The Show on Monday at 1 p.m. ET.

Buzzmaster: Helloooooooo again! NFL uber prospect Ronnie Brown will be here very soon! Get your questions ready!

Ronnie Brown: Hello everyone!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ed (Riverton, NJ): Hey Ronnie, its no secret that you've shot past the other backs on the big board in this draft. In your eyes, what separates you from guys like Cedrick Benson and your Auburn backfield mate, Cadillac?

Ronnie Brown: It's just a different style. Being versatile and doing different things from the backfield.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Max (Cleveland,OH): Have you and Cadillac been preparing for the draft together?

Ronnie Brown: Yeah, we have. We worked out together in Phoenix. Then we worked out some in Auburn.

Mike J: Do you ever run over a DB or any defensive player and wonder "Why did they try and hit me?"

Ronnie Brown: No! Never though that! I'm usually thinking about trying to get them before they get me. They hit pretty hard!

Ryan Herlong: Kingsport,TN: Ronnie, how do you feel after your performance at the combine?

Ronnie Brown: I think I did pretty good. I ran good in the 40 and did well in the drills.

Wesley (Marinette Wiscosin): What is the best asset of yours that most poeple don't know about you & who would you like to be drafted by the most?

Ronnie Brown: I'm not sure. Everything has been displayed. I think just my ability to make people miss. But that gets talked about a lot.

Marcus Jefferson: What fears do you have about the NFL life?

Ronnie Brown: I'm ready to take on all the challenges. I'm excited about it. It's a life long dream for me.

Carlos(Miami, FL: Ronnie, how do would feel if you got selected by the Miami Dolphins and how productive do you think you will be in that style offense?

Ronnie Brown: I would be really excited about that! Nice weather and a good team. Great fans as well. I could be very productive there because I have been in four different styles at Auburn and I'm used to being productive in different styles.

Doug: (Lauderhill, FL): I'm sure you've raced against Carnell Williams many times, who is faster?

Ronnie Brown: We've never raced. We started but he slipped up and we never started it up again.

Bobby (NYC): Which would you rather play on: grass or turf?

Ronnie Brown: I don't mind turf at all.

Eugene (Dallas, TX): Ronnie, what is your fondest memory of playing at Auburn?

Ronnie Brown: Probably graduation. As for on the field, probably just finishing undefeated.

Alex in Seattle: First I want to thank you for staying an extra year at Auburn because it so rare that players put a chance at winning a ring over winning a paycheck these days. My question is do you see Stewart/Irons as very similar to the Brown/Williams combo of last year or is that just wishful thinking?

Ronnie Brown: I think they can be effective. Carl reminds me of myself a bit. He is a real real strong uy. Kenny has that quickness that Carnell has. Trey Smith can be an impact also.

Chris ( Philadelphia ): I wanted to ask how fast did you run the 40 when you were 13?

Ronnie Brown: I don't know what my 40 was. I was decent at 13. This is a secret so don't tell anyone .. but I was a little chubby at 13.

Joe (Iowa): How do you think that you and Cadillac were able to get along so well in the same backfield for four years, sharing carries? Most running backs would be put off by that.

Ronnie Brown: Just because of our relationship off the field. We really respected each other and talked about everything. It just carried over to the field. We knew we had to work together to be successful.

Hans(New Orleans): can you dunk?

Ronnie Brown: I haven't tried in awhile. I try to stay away from that.

Mike J. (Florence, MS): Ronnie, did you have any second thoughts about not participating in the Senior Bowl, especially when Cadillac was there?

Ronnie Brown: Not at all.

Joe (LA): Are going to have private workout with the Cleveland Browns?

Ronnie Brown: I really don't know.

Matt, Sandy Hook, CT: Recently, I've been wondering how you condition your body to take the kind of hits that you do with consistency. Is it something that you can work on, is it the right selection of padding, or is it a God-given gift?

Ronnie Brown: It's just getting yourself in the best condition you can get in. You get used to the hits in practice. They still hurt though!

Parker (Mesa, AZ): I have read that the "experts" are comparing you to Jamal Lewis. Which back would you compare yourself to?

Ronnie Brown: I try to stay away from comparisons. But Jamal is a great guy to be compared to. It's a tremendous honor. I can see that. also Brian Westbrook, an every down guy.

Walker (Atlanta): Ronnie B, please take the time to tell everyone that Auburn women are the finest in the land. also, don't you think it will be a struggle playing in the Miami backfield?

Ronnie Brown: I"m not sure.. Auburn has a bunch. But there are beautiful women everywhere. I'd love to be the feature guy there. I would give everything I could. But if I was a backup, I would just have to make the best of the situation.

Nick (Northfield, Ohio): Ronnie, do you think Auburn would have beat USC?

Ronnie Brown: I'm biased, but yeah. Definately.

Pritchett, Nashville, TN: Is it true that you almost went to Tennessee? If so what happened?

Ronnie Brown: I did. I committed there until a couple days before signing day. I just felt like Auburn was a better situation. There was probation talk around Tennesssee and I just go along with everyone at Auburn.

Colin (Plano): Ronnie, who is faster between you and Carlos Rogers?

Ronnie Brown: Carlos!

Horace, Bowie,MD: Ronnie, who were you most impresed by at the NFL combine.

Ronnie Brown: All of them. They are all NFL teams and all very impressive.

Papi (Alabama): Congrats on the fine season and career at Auburn! In YOUR opinion, where should you go in the draft? Do you feel that you could be a good cold weather back since you are from the South?

Ronnie Brown: I think so. It's all the same to me!

Patrick (Boston): What do you think was the biggest factor in your stock rising so much in this years draft?

Ronnie Brown: I think just what we did during the season adn what I was able to accomplish and show my speed.

Printup(Ga): You are the man...You remind me of a new age Bo Jackson. How often do you talk to him?

Ronnie Brown: I haven't talked to him recently but we do talk.

Ray Egg Harbor City , NJ: What kind of training did you do in preparation for the combine? The numbers you put up were amazing for a guy of your size.

Ronnie Brown: Just trying to stay in the best shape possible.

mike (toledo): If you get drafted by the dolphins and ricky comes back during the offseason...would you be excited to be playing with him?

Ronnie Brown: I would definately be excited to play with him. I would like to learn as much about football as I can from him. He's had a great impact on the NFL.

man they let a stupid question like can you dunk in but wont ask my question... mine was gangsta...

"what would you say to someone who thinks if you were a backup to caddy at aurburn why should you be picked over him in the draft?"

AjFazz85 said:
He says he would have no problem playing with Ricky if he came back. For some reason I don't buy that.

i believe him...why not? he shared his duties with caddy and didnt have a problem with that. The kid seems sincere.

I like him. It seems like every day I go back and forth on who I want at No.2. As far as I am concerned, Brown, Edwards, Smith, or Rodgers would be ok with me. THanks for posting the chat, but it just adds to my confusion. Good thing i am not the one making the decisions around dolphin camp, or I wouldnt be sleeping much.

You make a good point phinsfan, but in the NFL incentives are how these running backs make alot of their money.

Back
Top Bottom