Ronnie Brown: Does He Watch the NFL? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie Brown: Does He Watch the NFL?

infiltrateib

TV Doctor
Reaction score
Walker (Atlanta): Ronnie B, please take the time to tell everyone that Auburn women are the finest in the land. also, don't you think it will be a struggle playing behind Jay Fiedler in the backfield?

SportsNation Ronnie Brown: (1:21 PM ET ) I"m not sure.. Auburn has a bunch. But there are beautiful women everywhere. I'd love to be the feature guy there. I would give everything I could. But if I was a backup, I would just have to make the best of the situation.

I think "Walker" thought Fiedler still started in Miami... and I think Ronnie thought Fiedler was an NFL rb he'd be playing behind (and not a QB, as the question intended)?

EDIT: ESPN edited the question and took out th e Fiedler reference to make Ronnie's answer not sound stupid! Check below for the new ESPN "edited" version.

people i think still mess up AJ and Jay but that was messed up on the announcer's part and if i were Ronnie i would have corrected him

What was his wonderlic score again?? :lol:

You get my PM?

I think Ronnie thought "Jay Fiedler" was a RB and "playing behind him" meant backing him up.

a RB is behind a QB. Sammy Morris plays behind AJ Feeley. I sure as hell hope Ronnie Brown watches the NFL. Can u imagine if the Miami Dolphins select Ronnie Brown, and Ronnie goes "awesome, i just have one question...who the hell are they? Are they any good?"

ItalianDolFan said:
a RB is behind a QB. Sammy Morris plays behind AJ Feeley. I sure as hell hope Ronnie Brown watches the NFL. Can u imagine if the Miami Dolphins select Ronnie Brown, and Ronnie goes "awesome, i just have one question...who the hell are they? Are they any good?"

Re-read the initial post. You're confused.

My point is this: Ronnie Brown thought that Jay Fiedler was a RB.

Maybe he could just have said, "well, you're an idiot. Fiedler's in New York and the mess in Miami, Morris, Minor and Gordon, doesn't scare me one bit"

Or

He could just blow it off, go along with it, look humble, and assume nobody's going to make a stink about it on some fan site.

Or he could have been worried about his own team last year rather than the mess that was the Miami Dolphin's backfield.

South Florida said:
Maybe he could just have said, "well, you're an idiot. Fiedler's in New York and the mess in Miami, Morris, Minor and Gordon, doesn't scare me one bit"

Or

He could just blow it off, go along with it, look humble, and assume nobody's going to make a stink about it on some fan site.

Calm down, killer.

The initial mistake, made by the guy asking the question, was that Fiedler still played in Miami. But to anyone who knows football, it would be interpreted as "would you like to play for the Jets" since Fiedler's a backup there now.

I'm just saying if Ronnie followed football, he'd have at least known Fiedler was a QB. He misinterpreted the question. He wasn't "going along with it" to look humble because the OP knew Fiedler was a QB and Ronnie apparently didn't.

I'm not FAULTING Ronnie, I'm just pointing it out because it's uncommon.

SkapePhin said:
Or he could have been worried about his own team last year rather than the mess that was the Miami Dolphin's backfield.

Sure, and I have no problem accepting that. I was just POINTING SOMETHING OUT. I just thought it was rare for a bigtime college prospect to not know NFL football (enough to know Fiedler's a QB).

stupid espn insider crap... i asked a question about what would he say to people who said he was the backup on auburn so why should he be picked ahead of caddy... i wanna see if its asked/answered but no insider...

arsenal said:
stupid espn insider crap... i asked a question about what would he say to people who said he was the backup on auburn so why should he be picked ahead of caddy... i wanna see if its asked/answered but no insider...
I would love to see his answer to that as well....

Walker (Atlanta): Ronnie B, please take the time to tell everyone that Auburn women are the finest in the land. also, don't you think it will be a struggle playing in the Miami backfield?

Ronnie Brown: I"m not sure.. Auburn has a bunch. But there are beautiful women everywhere. I'd love to be the feature guy there. I would give everything I could. But if I was a backup, I would just have to make the best of the situation.

I just cut and pasted this from Insider.

Where's the Fiedler mention?

I don't understand. Did you make this up?

WOW. ESPN edited it and changed the guy's question!

I cut and pasted from the original as soon as the question was asked/answered. I was watching the conversation live. I'm definitely not making this up.

ESPN completely changed the question to protect Ronnie's answer from looking stupid! I would never have expected that. Well, I guess it proves my point... and ESPN thought so too.

mike (toledo): If you get drafted by the dolphins and ricky comes back during the offseason...would you be excited to be playing with him?

Ronnie Brown: I would definately be excited to play with him. I would like to learn as much about football as I can from him. He's had a great impact on the NFL.

This was a cool question though.

Back
Top Bottom