Ronnie Brown: "I'm only one first round pick..." | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie Brown: "I'm only one first round pick..."

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/news/story?id=2047354&num=3

Just had to point this out. This article is a big fluff piece on agent Todd France, who represents Ronnie Brown, Carlos Rogers, and Thomas Davis, all picked in the top 14.

Interesting notes:

1. There's a suggestion in there that Thomas Davis was the #1 player on Carolina's board even with New Orleans trading up to get Jammal Brown presumably ahead of the Panthers.

2. Look at the veeerrry bottom of the article. Todd France says to Ronnie Brown "Ronnie, you have a chance to be the face of the Miami Dolphins," and Ronnie merely replies, "I'm only one first round pick. You've got three."

This is the player Saban took at #2, and I'm willing to bet he took him at #2 precisely because Ronnie doesn't care if he becomes the face of the Miami Dolphins. I doubt Saban wants the Phins to have a face.

Ronnie Brown is already my favorite player.

How often does someone with this kind of talent enter the league so humble?

GO RONNIE!!!

Yep, Ronnie seems like a great guy. You know he isn't selfish and is a team first player.

I am glad that we took a guy that has alot of talent and great character. Brown will have a bright future with us and i am glad that we have him.

I was talking to my mom (biggest football fan on earth) about this today. You look at the Bengals who took Tim Couch and Courtney Brown #1 overall, I believe Gerard Warren was #2 or 3, and wow, talk about bad. Then you draft Kellen Winslow, who looks like a sure thing, and look at how he has done. Then, you look at Braylon Edwards who's a Mail Model a 6 figure watch before he is drafted. The Browns take him. You look at the character of a player and I don't know the Browns do. We got a character player. Saban is not going to take BS from anyone. I love the pick.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Ronnie Brown is already my favorite player.

How often does someone with this kind of talent enter the league so humble?

GO RONNIE!!!

D. Wade

Phinsdude said:
I was talking to my mom (biggest football fan on earth) about this today. You look at the Bengals who took Tim Couch and Courtney Brown #1 overall, I believe Gerard Warren was #2 or 3, and wow, talk about bad. Then you draft Kellen Winslow, who looks like a sure thing, and look at how he has done. Then, you look at Braylon Edwards who's a Mail Model a 6 figure watch before he is drafted. The Browns take him. You look at the character of a player and I don't know the Browns do. We got a character player. Saban is not going to take BS from anyone. I love the pick.
I only wish the same kind of draft success on the Jets Bills and Pats that the Browns have had :lol:

Dude, I think you meant the "Browns" not the "Bengals." Granted, they do not understand good football in Ohio either way, but at least the Bungles have been to a couple of Super Bowls. Cleveland has never been to a Super Bowl ever.

DoLpHiNz34 said:

...and the city of Miami has two of them now. (although Ronnie will be more recognizable because the Fins are the flagship franchise of not only South Florida, but Florida.

Ronnie is my favorite player and he hasn't even played a pro down yet. He carries himself so damn well off the field and on it.

Phinsdude said:

Mail Model?? I didn't know there was such a thing. What company, UPS?

Austin Tatious said:
Dude, I think you meant the "Browns" not the "Bengals." Granted, they do not understand good football in Ohio either way, but at least the Bungles have been to a couple of Super Bowls. Cleveland has never been to a Super Bowl ever.

No they have not won a super bowl but they won quite a few championships before the leagues merged, under coach Paul Brown who revolutionized football wjth his offenses, I believe Shula was a Paul Brown deciple.

I'm extremely happy with this pick as well. And now as I think back on the draft I remember when the Bears drafted Benson and they did the interview with him Benson was all crying (literally) about how everyone had done him wrong and he was treated oh so badly by everyone. I was thinking wow what a horrible attitude to have coming into the league. Now I see what a stand up guy Ronnie is. Saban definitely chose the best RB in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom