Ronnie Brown Q | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie Brown Q

FuturePhin

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is for all the Ronnie Brown fans out there. What makes you like him?? Besides he has great speed and hands, what specific thing really makes you like him? Top plays etc. When I see him, I see big holes where he runs and then he runs people over in the secondary and for top plays...I really dont see any that makes me go wow. Am I wrong?? Did I miss a few games where he did do something special? The guy reminds me alot of JJ Johnson imo. Jmo though.

FuturePhin said:
This is for all the Ronnie Brown fans out there. What makes you like him?? Besides he has great speed and hands, what specific thing really makes you like him? Top plays etc. When I see him, I see big holes where he runs and then he runs people over in the secondary and for top plays...I really dont see any that makes me go wow. Am I wrong?? Did I miss a few games where he did do something special? The guy reminds me alot of JJ Johnson imo. Jmo though.

I like him because Miami drafted him...

He's the whole package. He can break out a great run or make a great catch. People say he's not elusive or he doesn't have good vision when he has both. He is the complete opposite of a JJ Johnson. His running style is more like Ahman Green.

MelbournePhin said:
of all people, JJ Johnson????

What I mean by that is a straight ahead runner with power and hardly any moves to make you miss.

byroan said:
He's the whole package. He can break out a great run or make a great catch. People say he's not elusive or he doesn't have good vision when he has both. He is the complete opposite of a JJ Johnson. His running style is more like Ahman Green.

ahman got arrested today..something about his wife

Slappy8800 said:
ahman got arrested today..something about his wife

He also use to fumble the ball a lot. I'm not saying he's like Ahman Green in that sense or like a person. But when it comes to his running style it's comparable.

FuturePhin said:
What I mean by that is a straight ahead runner with power and hardly any moves to make you miss.
Have you seen Brown play? He might not be as shifty as some of the smaller guys, but to say he has hardly any moves in nuts. The kid is the total package. Size, speed, attitude, cathing ability, blocking ability, need I say versatility. nothing personal, but I can believe how many times I have had to defend this kid. He is clearly the best player in the draft.

beejay05 said:
Have you seen Brown play? He might not be as shifty as some of the smaller guys, but to say he has hardly any moves in nuts. The kid is the total package. Size, speed, attitude, cathing ability, blocking ability, need I say versatility. nothing personal, but I can believe how many times I have had to defend this kid. He is clearly the best player in the draft.

I said his size and speed and catching ability were good, and I have seen him play. Just look at his highlight reals. Did he really do anything to say wow about?? Im not saying Im against the pick because god knows we needed a running back, but Im just looking for more opinions about him. I just dont know why everybody was so high on him and Im just looking to find out :)

I'm not a Ronnie Brown expert as of yet, but I do know his credentials are much better than JJ Johnson's. He was the mvp of a major bowl game. He is a reciever who can break one at any time. He has the power to run over people and the speed to get outside. And the most important fact.....When Saban coached against him he made the defense spend extra time preparing for him. Do you really think a coach who had to face him once or twice a year doesn't realise talent when he see's it?

the guys has sub 4.5 speed, jj johnson could not drive that fast

He is the most complete RB to come out of the draft in a very long time. Ricky Williams was a Super blue chip/HOF prospect coming out of college and he couldnt catch out of the backfield like Brown can.

Ronnie can go between the tackles, bounce it outside, lead block, make you miss, run you over, and catch. Best all around back since Faulk.

The reason he didnt start is because he could do these extra things that Caddie couldnt do. If he started that meant caddie wouldnt be in the game when he was getting the carries. But if caddie is getting the carries, Brown can still block for him. Brown can still be split out in the slot. He can still be productive. imo, he is a HOF prospect.

Back
Top Bottom