Ronnie Brown Thought | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie Brown Thought

Ricky_Fan34

Suns and Fins superfan
Reaction score
I've been thinkin that with all the trade rumors surrounding Ronnie Brown, that this could be a possible trade.

We all know that San Diego needs a runningback, and Miami is in desperate need of at least 1 outside linebacker. Well, Shawn Merriman is coming off an injury, much like Ronnie Brown. So I was thinking what if we trade Brown for Merriman heads up? Seems like a fair trade to me, and it fills a need for both teams, and it also allows each team to go another route with their first round pick? Pipe dream, or realistic idea?

I've been thinkin that with all the trade rumors surrounding Ronnie Brown, that this could be a possible trade.

We all know that San Diego needs a runningback, and Miami is in desperate need of at least 1 outside linebacker. Well, Shawn Merriman is coming off an injury, much like Ronnie Brown. So I was thinking what if we trade Brown for Merriman heads up? Seems like a fair trade to me, and it fills a need for both teams, and it also allows each team to go another route with their first round pick? Pipe dream, or realistic idea?

On this board almost no player carries the trade value of Ronnie Brown. People who think Marshall is not worth a second round pick think Brown is worth a first rounder. Other teams oft injured players are definately looked at differantly

If this was baseball than yes one for one works but its not its the nfl teams trade to gett compensation and little extra its always been that way so it would have to merriman plus a pick or ronnie plus a pick I don't see it happening

On this board almost no player carries the trade value of Ronnie Brown. People who think Marshall is not worth a second round pick think Brown is worth a first rounder. Other teams oft injured players are definately looked at differantly
So... I don't gather what you're getting at. You like it or you don't? Keep in mind, Merriman is coming off of a very serious knee injury, which is huge for a pass rusher.

If this was baseball than yes one for one works but its not its the nfl teams trade to gett compensation and little extra its always been that way so it would have to merriman plus a pick or ronnie plus a pick I don't see it happening
I mean it could involve swapping picks in the 5th or something, but I really think this would be a fair trade. Could be the homer in me. I don't care if it happens one way or another. I like Ronnie Brown, I want him around. But I'm not opposed to him leaving for the right price either.

Back
Top Bottom