Ronnie Brown-Top rookie RB- Projected 1400 yds | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie Brown-Top rookie RB- Projected 1400 yds

bigmiamifan

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
That's right, according to CNNSI-

Ronnie Brown, Miami Dolphins, First Round (No. 2 overall): Although he won't be running in the same offense that allowed Ricky Williams to gain so many yards in, Brown will have every opportunity carry the ball and should be the biggest layup on this list to reach 1,000. New Dolphins offensive coordinator Scott Linehan is known as a passing guy, but he can't possibly have A.J. Feeley or Gus Frerotte hurl the ball downfield 40 times a game and ignore a player many consider the most talented in this year's draft. The dangers here are the a suspect offensive line, a surprise return by Williams or the possibility Miami will struggle again and be too far behind to run the ball. But the Fins actually played well at the end of last season, Ricky's still out of the picture, Miami's defense was solid in 2004 (No. 8 overall) and it has a promising new coach in Nick Saban.
Projected Yardage: 1,400

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/andrew_perloff/05/19/rookie.rbs/index.html

Huge Ronnie fan but I don't see him getting that many yards rushing but I could see that as rushing and recieving this year. Face it we made ONE change to our starting O-Line with McDougle. Our line will be much better than last years but we will still be missing some pieces.

I'd be VERY happy if he got 1,400 rush/rec combined. 1,400 is a pretty steep bar for a rookie.

i think he will play well, but if yall had taken Benson with the #2 overall pick, they would be saying that exact same thing about benson.

I think Ronnie will put up good enough numbers to be the rookie of the year

Willis put up 1300 all purpose last year in 11 starts, it can be done. Plus I get the feeling that, even with Linehan, its gonna be a very "Brown" offense.

Losman7 said:
Willis put up 1300 all purpose last year in 11 starts, it can be done. Plus I get the feeling that, even with Linehan, its gonna be a very "Brown" offense.

Why do all you Bills fans think you are such experts on the Dolphins? None of you seem to notice that our o-line played well at the end of last season? In fact well enough to do something nobody in the afc east did.....Beat the world champions! Another Bills fan doesn't seem to think this team will pass much, well guess what, a team with Chambers, Boston, Booker and McMichael and yes, a really good outlet in Ronnie Brown on the field at the same time. The Dolphins would be out of there mind to think we not to pass much, The Wannstedt era is over. Bombs Away. Defense won't be a problem either, probably better. Good luck with JP Lose man. Sorry, I just think because we have one bad season Bills fans shouldn't talk down to us. The Fins have a very talented team, if the coaching is good, look out afc. For real.

If he doesnt quit before TC, stays healthy all year, and gets 1k rushing i'll be happy.

FinsDontGiveIn said:
Why do all you Bills fans think you are such experts on the Dolphins? None of you seem to notice that our o-line played well at the end of last season? In fact well enough to do something nobody in the afc east did.....Beat the world champions! Another Bills fan doesn't seem to think this team will pass much, well guess what, a team with Chambers, Boston, Booker and McMichael and yes, a really good outlet in Ronnie Brown on the field at the same time. The Dolphins would be out of there mind to think we not to pass much, The Wannstedt era is over. Bombs Away. Defense won't be a problem either, probably better. Good luck with JP Lose man. Sorry, I just think because we have one bad season Bills fans shouldn't talk down to us. The Fins have a very talented team, if the coaching is good, look out afc. For real.

Yo... easy man... all he was saying was that 1400 rush/rec yards isnt that much of a stretch. He was saying that Brown is gunna be a big part of our offense which I believe he will be. We are gunna have to prove to other teams that we have a rush attack now in order to open up the passing game (which will also be including Brown). Brown will be a big part of this offense and thats all he was saying.

Nasty

FinNasty23 said:
Yo... easy man... all he was saying was that 1400 rush/rec yards isnt that much of a stretch. He was saying that Brown is gunna be a big part of our offense which I believe he will be. We are gunna have to prove to other teams that we have a rush attack now in order to open up the passing game (which will also be including Brown). Brown will be a big part of this offense and thats all he was saying.

Nasty

Yeah, ditto that.....

Who was teh last Dolphins Rookie of the year...Did Marino win it?

FinNasty23 said:

Nasty

I wasn't talking about 1 Bill fan in particular, I just don't like them coming to our site and telling us about OUR team condescedingly. They had last year over us, ONE since the Kelly-Marino wars, Fins have owned them since then, the have never won a SB title and we were 20-0 against them in the '70's. They have no right to tell us how bad we are. That's all I'm saying. I don't go to their site and tell them how bad they are(and I more than believe they are the worst team in the afc east) but I won't go to a Bills site telling them that. I can't stand the rest of the afc east, so why would I go to their websites?

Back
Top Bottom