Ronnie Brown will be 24 when the season starts? Please confirm or refute | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie Brown will be 24 when the season starts? Please confirm or refute

erralyn

Starter
Reaction score
I heard this in another thread. If it is true please confirm it here.

This is extremely distressing in my opinion. We spend the second overall pick in the draft for a running back. Running backs start going downhill at 27, 28.

You might say that his body hasn't taken that much of a toll so far, but he has had his share of nicks and bruises through college.

Please tell me this isn't true and that's he's 20 or 21.

He's 23 and will be 24 in December. Continue being distressed and worried while the rest of us look foward to a bright career here in Miami.

erralyn said:
You might say that his body hasn't taken that much of a toll so far, but he has had his share of nicks and bruises through college.

He's 23. He has no mileage on him compared to Caddy or Benson.

erralyn said:
Running backs start going downhill at 27, 28.

Quick! Get on the horn and let Corey Dillon know!

"Typically" they do at THIRTY. However Brown hasnt seen extensive time in college and is more fresh. Generally the rule of thumb is after 7 seasons the average running back will tail off.

He's 23. Will be 24 on December 12th.

Brown is a whopping 4 months older than Carnell Williams. 1 year older than Benson.

There are exceptions, I never said there weren't. But it amounts to us drafting a guy who will turn 24 during the season. 24 is when RBs should be in their prime. I suppose this can still be a successful pick..

...but we can't afford a learning curve with this guy. He needs to start with those 1500 yard seasons this year and not stop. And for the 2nd overall pick in the draft, he needs to run for us for 10 years.

He is 18, his real name is Ashley and has a twin sister (Mary-Kate).

RB's don't go downhill at a certain age. They generally start going downhill (due to injuries) after 1500-2500 CARRIES. It's mileage not age.

erralyn said:
...but we can't afford a learning curve with this guy..

Are learning curves only acceptable for certain positions?

Yes.

Running backs often do very well in their first years. It's supposed to be the easiest position for players coming out of college to adjust to in the pros. But the fact that he's already 23 is another reason why we need him to be a star now. That he was the 2nd overall pick in the draft demands that every season of his short pro career must be a pro bowl one.

He'll be 24 in late December.

My God, you people will complain about anything.

Ronnie Brown is the friggin man. Deal with it.

I thought you were talking about his jersey number.. Couldn't figure out why he wouldn't be wearing 23 like he did in college

I hope you're right

and he is the man. There were plenty of people who didn't like me complaining about the Eddie Moore pick...

..and while he still man pan out and prove to be worthy of being the first player drafted by the Dolphin's that year, I'm not holding my breath and would prefer he not be resigned when his rookie contract is up.

I'll say what I wish and stick to the issues, without making personal commands directed towards the poster.

Back
Top Bottom