Ronnie Browns press conference | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie Browns press conference

That was a good read because the way he reacted when his name was called he did not look too excited to me

he sitll didnt seem to excited even in the press conference. All the picutres he doesnt look happy. Why can't he look like what Braylon Edwards was, he was ecstatic. O well

From what I've read Ronnie seems like a very low key guy. I read an article about how a couple days before the draft Nike gave him a $1000 shopping spree at their New York store to try to persuade him to sign an endrosement deal and he only spent $500 and had to go back to get more after the cashier laughed at him. Doesn't sound like much but it gave me the impression he is a very humble guy. I wouldn't expect to see him jumping up and down for anything. He's a whole different beast once he gets on the field.

SpeedRush99 said:
From what I've read Ronnie seems like a very low key guy. I read an article about how a couple days before the draft Nike gave him a $1000 shopping spree at their New York store to try to persuade him to sign an endrosement deal and he only spent $500 and had to go back to get more after the cashier laughed at him. Doesn't sound like much but it gave me the impression he is a very humble guy. I wouldn't expect to see him jumping up and down for anything. He's a whole different beast once he gets on the field.

He only spent $500 :lol: If they gave me $1000 to spend, I'll end up spending $999.99!

i guess hearing that makes me feel a little bit better but i mean shouldnt you be a little excited? O well as long as he plays hard i could care less if he wants to be here.

Ronnie Brown really does seem like a soft spoken humble guy. I think he's excited to be here, but the guys just happy to be in the NFL all together. I honestly do expect him to have a great positive locker room presence.

Finfan86 said:
he sitll didnt seem to excited even in the press conference. All the picutres he doesnt look happy. Why can't he look like what Braylon Edwards was, he was ecstatic. O well
Bleh, Braylon "Male Model" Edwards can do whatever he wants. He seems like an arrogant prat while Ronnie Brown seems like a pretty good guy. None of the flash, but all of the substance. Something that can't be said about people like Braylon.

He is a lowkey guy, and he's also very polite.

Being humble and containing his emotions doesn't make him unexcited to be in Miami. You think he was secretly pining away to go to CLEVELAND or Chicago? Of course not. He's just not the type that's very demonstrative. Reserved dude, off the field anyway.

Braylon Edwards also wanted to be in Miami, but he put on a good face for the press. Cleveland was far from his first choice.

Finfan86 said:
i guess hearing that makes me feel a little bit better but i mean shouldnt you be a little excited? O well as long as he plays hard i could care less if he wants to be here.

Make no mistake: Ronnie's happy to be here. Everything I've seen from him tells me he's just what the doctor ordered in terms of running back temprament: he's affable but low-key, driven but workmanlike and competitive but levelheaded.

In fact, him gameday personality reminds me of Barry Sanders. Sanders wasn't a quote machine for reporters, and he wasn't a showboat on the field (he rarely celebrated touchdowns). He was all business, all the time -- and I think that's what we're getting in Ronnie.

Not only is he humble, but he carries himself very well. He isnt the type of player who will quit to smoke weed or hit his wife. He isnt a troublemaker. Just because he isnt jumping around town throwing out cash left and right doesnt mean he isnt excited to be in Miami. The guy is the #2 pick in the draft, going to be paid accordingly, and is in one of the warmest cities in america that also has an incredible nightlife. Im sure for a guy that just graduated college, once he buys his house in Miami hes going to be a pretty happy guy to be here.

I mean he could have ended up in Cleveland or Chicago..... I bet he is thanking his lucky stars.

He is about to get millions... I like his demeanor.... We can use a solid citizen off the field.... and a beast on the field... I think that's what we got....

thedayafter said:
He is about to get millions... I like his demeanor.... We can use a solid citizen off the field.... and a beast on the field... I think that's what we got....
yeah... imagine what Channing Crowder must be like. He is a beast on and off the field. He'll love South Beach.

I look forward to building that relationship and hopefully everything will work out.
-Ronnie Brown

Well if that doesn't inspire confidence, I don't know what does... "hopefully everything will work out?" He got drafted second, but he's talking like they're sending him to jail. I hope his sentiment got lost in the translation to text.

the reason brown was not happy imo he didnt want to come to miami :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom