Ronnie Browns press conference | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie Browns press conference

finsnchips said:
yeah... imagine what Channing Crowder must be like. He is a beast on and off the field. He'll love South Beach.

I think Crowder has gotten a bad rap... the guy is smart (3.5 GPA) in double major... he has seen and been around the game for all his life... he had some frustrations with injuries and was immature... You have to assume Saban was very thoughrough in his evaluation and made the right call.... if the guy is healthy he will be a force....

I expect Brown to be one of those guys that after mini camps he stands near the fence and signs for anyone possible. Kinda like Shawn Wooden (I think that was his name), one of the favorites for people who went.

Are you ready for the Ricky Williams comparisons??

I hope the only comparison that we have to do between Ricky and Brown is they both ran for 1500 yards their first year with the Dolphins.

thedayafter said:
I think Crowder has gotten a bad rap... the guy is smart (3.5 GPA) in double major... he has seen and been around the game for all his life... he had some frustrations with injuries and was immature... You have to assume Saban was very thoughrough in his evaluation and made the right call.... if the guy is healthy he will be a force....
I'm well aware.

I wasn't ripping Crowder... out of the guys we drafted he is the one I'm most excited about.

I was just pointing out his rep, and yes, he is smart and will greatly benefit from playing alongside Junior and Zach.

finsnchips said:
I'm well aware.

I wasn't ripping Crowder... out of the guys we drafted he is the one I'm most excited about.

I was just pointing out his rep, and yes, he is smart and will greatly benefit from playing alongside Junior and Zach.

Saban only said that his past issues were probably "macho-man" stuff. Also, no one has accused him of being selfish or dishonest ala McPherson or Clarette. Let's give this kid a chance especially (like you pionted out) that he'll have Junior and Zach to mentor him.

He got a 30 on the Wonderlic so I'm happy he'll be our ILB of the future. He has a great meanstreak and he's pretty darn smart. Can you ask for much more?

finsnchips said:
I'm well aware.

:cooldude:

He didn't want to go to Miami? He told me himself the only team he didn't want to go to was San Francisco, and that Miami was his #1 choice. Heck, in his mock draft, he had himself going to Miami. He's never been someone to overstate things certainly, but to say he's doesn't want to be in Miami is a joke.

DrAstroZoom said:
In fact, him gameday personality reminds me of Barry Sanders. Sanders wasn't a quote machine for reporters, and he wasn't a showboat on the field (he rarely celebrated touchdowns). He was all business, all the time -- and I think that's what we're getting in Ronnie.

:egads: Slow down on the sanders comparison. Barry is one of the classiest RB's Ever not to mention the best in recent history (depends on your age)

I'm just busting your bawls, i know your not saying hes as good as barry sanders (yet). Right :confused: LOL I like to have guys like brown (quiet and reserved) as well as roth (loud and intimidating) In fact roth and brown will probably be best friends :D

Barry Sanders had a very similar personality and he did pretty well.

weisdolphins said:
That was a good read because the way he reacted when his name was called he did not look too excited to me

i thought it was just me. i noticed that, too.:(

Your attitude has to depend on your position. I would much rather have a Brown attitude than a T.O. attitude for my skill players. I would much rather have a Ray Lewis attitude than a Zach attitude for my nasty players that are supposed to pound you.

ALfin said:
He didn't want to go to Miami? He told me himself the only team he didn't want to go to was San Francisco, and that Miami was his #1 choice. Heck, in his mock draft, he had himself going to Miami. He's never been someone to overstate things certainly, but to say he's doesn't want to be in Miami is a joke.

So, you know Brown personally?

Did anybody see Benson's press conference? I'm glad we didn't take him, he looked like he was going to cry again. I think it was Emmitt Smith or maybe Barry Sanders that used to say about TD celebrations "Act like you've been there before" I like that, and I think that's how Ronnie is acting, like a man that is happy to be here and has control of his emotions. Cut him some slack, Edwards is so concerned with how pretty he is he has to do everything he can to bring attention to himself.

DrAstroZoom said:
Make no mistake: Ronnie's happy to be here. Everything I've seen from him tells me he's just what the doctor ordered in terms of running back temprament: he's affable but low-key, driven but workmanlike and competitive but levelheaded.

In fact, him gameday personality reminds me of Barry Sanders. Sanders wasn't a quote machine for reporters, and he wasn't a showboat on the field (he rarely celebrated touchdowns). He was all business, all the time -- and I think that's what we're getting in Ronnie.

The off the field comparison to Barry is EXACTLY what I was thinking : )

Back
Top Bottom