Ronnie promises to be in camp on time....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie promises to be in camp on time.......

bpackers13

Active Roster
Reaction score
Ronnie Brown promises to be in camp on time

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on June 16, 2010 9:48 AM ET
By our unofficial count, Ronnie Brown is one of the ten remaining unsigned restricted free agents. It's mostly a symbolic gesture.

The Dolphins running back desires a long-term contract, and risks no money by leaving the tender unsigned for now. (The Dolphins can't reduce his salary because 110 percent of his 2009 base salary is higher than any restricted tender.)

Brown also promised to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel that he will show up to training camp on time, so he's not exactly playing hardball.

"It's not a big deal on either side, them or myself," Brown said. "There's not any tension either way."

We don't see the Dolphins getting motivated to extend Brown's deal. Even if Brown excels in 2010, they can use the franchise tag on him next year. (Assuming there is a franchise tag next year. And, you know, football.)

I dont know what to think about this, as he did say he would sign his tender before the 15th. Well he never signed the tender. I know most of you say this is no biggie, but I dont like this at all. Just sign the damn thing and lets get it going Ronnie. It's not all about money. I know a lot of folks out there that would actually PAY to play the game. I myself play semi-pro ball for the Pensacola Lightning, and I have to pay, or find sponsership. Football is too much of a business, and we are spoiling these guys by paying them so much to play a game. Hey I'm not hating on them though. If you cant get that kind of dough, get it........ but dont let it go to your head.

what's the rush?

he needs to sign it prior to the first day of training camp...since he's been participating in all team activities, even voluntary ones it makes no difference if he signs it today or the day before training camp starts.

there are a lot of players who are talking tough regarding their contract status...and withholding services. Ronnie is NOT one of them.

he wont hold out im not worried about this one bit. i hope he will be a fin past 2010 tho.

Pesonally I will wait and see. After all he did say he was going to sign before the 15th and he didnt so a promise about not holding out means squat. I dont see one thing changing to his favor before camp so dont sign but it seems a pointless exercise. I kind of wish we had traded him last year when he value was highest.

Don't count on Miami using the franchise tag on him next season. He's not worth the value.

Thats hard to say because he might actually stay healthy and produce. I doubt he will ever be an elite back but he is a good back that just needs to prove he can carry the load by himself and stay healthy. I do think we made a huge mistake passing on good rb's in the past two drafts while drafting useless players such as Pat White

Back
Top Bottom