Ronnie says he will be ready for Training camp. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie says he will be ready for Training camp.

Really? Prove it.

I'm not going to break it down completely but his first 3 years in the league(Before the wildcat) he averaged 4.4 yards per carry and the last two years(including Wildcat) he's averaged 4.3 yards per carry.

ronnie is a playmaker, no doubt, but if we are going to make a serious long term run at a superbowl, we need reliability in our running backs.

ronnie is a playmaker, no doubt, but if we are going to make a serious long term run at a superbowl, we need reliability in our running backs.

I agree FinsofFury. As much as I love Ronnie, he has yet to truly show that he can be a reliable #1 back. He has all the physical tools to be superior in this league, but for whatever reason, his durability is poor. I would have thought that having shared carries at Auburn he would have 'fresher' legs (and body for that matter). However, it seems like year after year he is continuing to be a tease of greatness, only to let us down with another season-ending injury.

This thread indicated that Ronnie anticipated being ready for camp this year. IMHO, there is a good chance that it will not be the Dolphins camp that he is ready to participate in. I know it's not the popular sentiment here at FH, but it is definitely a very realistic possibility.

jesus christ.. He tore his ACL trying to make a tackle, and a bad ankle injury.. He is a RB!! And a hard runner.. we need him, he will be a monster on another team that uses his WR abilities.. just wait. Then everyone will wine why we got rid of him. He is the heart of team, doesnt complaine... Rickys Best friend. Perfect " football player"

jesus christ.. He tore his ACL trying to make a tackle, and a bad ankle injury.. He is a RB!! And a hard runner.. we need him, he will be a monster on another team that uses his WR abilities.. just wait. Then everyone will wine why we got rid of him. He is the heart of team, doesnt complaine... Rickys Best friend. Perfect " football player"

What don't you understand about a guy going through a bunch of major surgeries and rarely playing 16 games? Wow, you guys really don't let facts get in the way of emotion.

so get rid of ronnie and take a chance that a rookie will be our saviour. great idea.

if we draft spiller I hope to GOD it isn't because we got rid of ronnie.

so get rid of ronnie and take a chance that a rookie will be our saviour. great idea.

if we draft spiller I hope to GOD it isn't because we got rid of ronnie.
I hope to God we don't draft Spiller. Spending a first in a RB these days is getting pointless. RBs are so easy to find that you dont need to spend a first. Not only that, RBs these days don't tend to stay very healthy. See Brown, Ronnie

precisely and breaking 1000 yards once in your 5 year career is not franchise level money worthiness

I don't think anyone is argueing that Ronnie needs to be reasonable when it comes to a new contract, and shouldnt expect top tier money. However I think getting rid of our top offensive weapon before having a proven replacement is not what this team should be doing right now.

so he'll probably play for 6 games then get hurt again :(

Exactly. Whats the hoopla surrounding this guy? He's had what, one year where he stayed healthy all year? Puh-leeze. Hes an injury waiting to happen. I like him, I think hes a good player, but hes nothing special because he can't stay healthy.

You'd be hard pressed to find a real starting RB in the NFL who's played more than a season or two and has never missed any games due to injury. Or any position for that matter who plays very physically for that matter.

But one that never finishes a season? Come'on man.

Back
Top Bottom