Ronnie says he will be ready for Training camp. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie says he will be ready for Training camp.

I don't think anyone is argueing that Ronnie needs to be reasonable when it comes to a new contract, and shouldnt expect top tier money. However I think getting rid of our top offensive weapon before having a proven replacement is not what this team should be doing right now.

I think Ricky Williams 1121 yds and 11 tds was a proven replacement. More yards and tds than Brown ever had and in less games as a starter.
Ricky is getting up in age but we could draft a guy and develop him over the year instead of having to throw him to wolves in the beginning. Brown if he comes cheap is a great option but no matter if we sign him or not we know he cannot carry the load by himself and has not been able to finish many seasons as a starter.

I think Ricky Williams 1121 yds and 11 tds was a proven replacement. More yards and tds than Brown ever had and in less games as a starter.
Ricky is getting up in age but we could draft a guy and develop him over the year instead of having to throw him to wolves in the beginning. Brown if he comes cheap is a great option but no matter if we sign him or not we know he cannot carry the load by himself and has not been able to finish many seasons as a starter.

Well either has Ricky in the last 4 years or so and the difference is that Ricky doesn't want to carry the load or be a starter. I'm not eve sure Ricky would even stick around if Brown wasn't here at the start of the season. As much as some people seem to hating on Brown here lately I think they are in for a shock if he's not in a Phins uniform next season. Ricky doesn't want to carry the load and do you really think Hilliard, Sheets, or Cobbs are starting caliber RB's? You better hope Miami drafts Spiller if Ronnie doesn't return, and I'd actually be fine with that but in that scenerio we don't really get that much better and don't fill as many holes.

You'd be hard pressed to find a real starting RB in the NFL who's played more than a season or two and has never missed any games due to injury. Or any position for that matter who plays very physically for that matter.

Ronnie Brown...5 yrs...20 games missed
1...1000 yard season

Thomas Jones...rb ....jets
10 years playing with 12 missed games
5...1000 yard seasons

D'Brickshaw
4 years...0 missed games

Mangold
4 years...0 missed games

Faneca
12 years...1 missed game

Scott
7 years...3 missed games

Thomas,bryan
8 years...3 games missed

6 players who play for the Jets who have had
45 player years and missed less games added together than Ronnie Brown
20-19

Yes, you can find players that are not injury prone playing physical positions

I want either Spiller or Gerhart in a fins jersey, I would love to see Gerhart in a fins jersey, I love how hard he runs.

I wouldn't say sign Ronnie to a "cheap" contract....
Dude has skills and is still worth some nice money, but absolutely on a reduced contract.

Well either has Ricky in the last 4 years or so and the difference is that Ricky doesn't want to carry the load or be a starter. I'm not eve sure Ricky would even stick around if Brown wasn't here at the start of the season. As much as some people seem to hating on Brown here lately I think they are in for a shock if he's not in a Phins uniform next season. Ricky doesn't want to carry the load and do you really think Hilliard, Sheets, or Cobbs are starting caliber RB's? You better hope Miami drafts Spiller if Ronnie doesn't return, and I'd actually be fine with that but in that scenerio we don't really get that much better and don't fill as many holes.

I have never read anything that says Ricky does not want to be a starter. I find it perplexing how a rb could not want to be a starter and actually have more yards than the great Ronnie Brown. Actually I have seen noone hate on Brown just some of us realize he has not had a very special career and should paid according to what he has done and not some fantasy number he has never put up. We need a RB whether we have Brown or not.

I have never read anything that says Ricky does not want to be a starter. I find it perplexing how a rb could not want to be a starter and actually have more yards than the great Ronnie Brown. Actually I have seen noone hate on Brown just some of us realize he has not had a very special career and should paid according to what he has done and not some fantasy number he has never put up. We need a RB whether we have Brown or not.

When Ronnie went down it was all over the place about him not wanting to carry the load or be the starter. I'm not saying Brown should be paid top money but he is important to the team.

When Ronnie went down it was all over the place about him not wanting to carry the load or be the starter. I'm not saying Brown should be paid top money but he is important to the team.

Ricky does not want to be used like he was went Wannestache was here, and I can not say that I blame him.

do u have any actual quotes or more just speculation on writers parts.
I must say he had an amazing season if he was unmotivated and still put up better numbers than Ronnie Brown ever has

I couldn't care less what money you pay a guy, if he is not on the field when you need him, he is useless at any cost.

Back
Top Bottom