Rookie Isaiah Prince Relishes First NFL Start | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rookie Isaiah Prince Relishes First NFL Start

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Isaiah Prince admitted he was a bit nervous before his first NFL start Sunday, but he was satisfied with his effort afterward.

The rookie sixth-round pick from Ohio State went from being inactive for the first three games of the season to being asked to step into the starting lineup after right tackle J’Marcus Webb moved over to the left side to replace the injured Jesse Davis.
“It was definitely surreal for me,” Prince said after the game. “It’s been a dream for me since I was a child, since second grade. That was definitely exciting for me.”
“I just wanted to know that I gave it my all and I did my best to help the team.”

Some guys play harder than they practice. Mayve he can be one of these guys.

I will again say this, while he was beat up in the pass blocking, he was good in run blocking, and compared to some of the tackle play we have had the last 10 years, it was a solid enough debut.

If he is gonna continue as the starter it has to get better. But I remember how bad Tyson Clabo, Marc Columbo, Dallas Thomas, Jon Martin, and Sam Young (vs Cincy) were at OT.

All the analysts and **** that say it's terrible for players that a team is positioning itself for a tank season...think of how many players are getting actual game experience that wouldn't otherwise.

Prince will get multiple starts this year when on most other teams, he'd be a backup or even inactive on game days. I think most players will say they'd rather get a chance to play than just sit on the bench.

Back
Top Bottom