Rookie Michael Deiter Seamlessly Slides Into Left Tackle | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rookie Michael Deiter Seamlessly Slides Into Left Tackle

How can our beat writers say that Deiter played respectable, yet PFF rated him our worst offensive player yesterday? PFF says that Deiter allowed 6 QB pressures & 1 sack. I realize it was onlyt his 3rd game & his 1st at LT, but 6 pressures & 1 sack is respectable?

How many rookie guards can you stick at LT(which already shrinks the pool considerable) and have them play even better? Especially going up against a speed rusher in Quinn that had like..7 sacks last season?

Give me a break with that.

He was horrible. As a rookie 3rd round pick G should when being kicked out to LT. It's sad that this was actually our backup plan.

How can our beat writers say that Deiter played respectable, yet PFF rated him our worst offensive player yesterday? PFF says that Deiter allowed 6 QB pressures & 1 sack. I realize it was onlyt his 3rd game & his 1st at LT, but 6 pressures & 1 sack is respectable?

Because PFF isn't gospel.

It is just another source if info.

That's what I'm thinking. This dude struggled mightily, yet the team feels the need to put some "smoke & mirrors" positive spin on things.
I'm gonna wait till the end of the year to judge GRIER's 2019 draft, but so far it's looking bad again for his selections.

It was pretty much a race to the QB the entire second half. Even when the opposition wasn't getting sacks they disrupted the play before it started. Not trying to knock him for what he did in a pinch but I have higher standards than saying he did well at LT yesterday.

I agree. He did best he could but I didn’t think it was as good as beat writers are saying.

We haven't drafted a guard worth a damn in a very long time. Actually outside of the 1st round we haven't drafted any OL worth his salt in forever.

He was horrible. As a rookie 3rd round pick G should when being kicked out to LT. It's sad that this was actually our backup plan.
He wasnt horrible, he played better than anyone else on our bench. Compare him to some of the 1st rd OL selections taken this past year: Tytus Howard got moved inside for Texans (and isnt good at all there), a few are on IR, he may be having the best season of all the rookie starting OL.

He gave up a sack at tackle, but compare it to last season where we had a "more talented" OL and still had games like the Minnesota game where they gave up 8 sacks and 5-10 more hits.

What do you want him to do, get a pancake block every play in his 3rd career game? Set your expectations a bit lower.

Twice, I saw the end run past him...no move, just ran past him, while he tried to slide like a basketball defender to block him.

Keep him at LG, but I still have memories of the Senior Bowl practices dancing in my head. ALL the Badger linemen were put on skis.

Back
Top Bottom