Rookie Michael Deiter Seamlessly Slides Into Left Tackle | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rookie Michael Deiter Seamlessly Slides Into Left Tackle

Wouldn't it be fun to go back into the old threads and find out which posters trashed his selection?

*grin*
I actually had us drafting him and Wilkins is the VIP mock. Was happy when we got him. BTW those were the only two I got right...lol

I actually had us drafting him and Wilkins is the VIP mock. Was happy when we got him. BTW those were the only two I got right...lol

You listened to what the Front Office actually said... we'd work on the lines, and in doing so, we'd bring in high character, football loving men... not babies.

It's odd to me just how many 'fans' want the splashy man-babies like Antonio Brown and Minkah Fitzpatrick instead of team-first guys.

I think it's a character thing.

Deiter played LT some at Wisconsin, but in the NFL, he's a guard. That being said, it's nice to see him showing a tad bit of flexibility … but he wasn't solid as a LT. As a guard, the kid can be good. Looked like a rookie, who has talent but is still learning the ropes. I'm excited to have Deiter at LG for the next decade, but he is still learning/adjusting to the NFL, these blocking schemes, and this offense.

He wasn’t perfect but I was shocked when he came in at LT too. I’m not sure why it surprised me since the OL is full of new guys and nobodies right now but this is what I want to see. Young players finding their stride. I hope Wilkins follows suit. If we want to entertain the thought of being contenders down the road, we need these guys to be important pieces.

Last edited:
Word??

A Dolphins player willing to play out of position to help the team out while guys are down? You don't say? Still waiting for the locker room revolt.

If we’re ever good again, he could be invoked in a TD dance where they all pretend they’re on Sprockets.

His foot speed in that mucb space is worse than Jesse Davis is...and that’s saying something.

Assuming Davis is out long term I’d be real surprised if Miami stuck with what we finished the game vs the cowboys with on the o line position and player wise.

Dolphins rookie earns significant praise from coach Brian Flores after loss to Cowboys

I wouldnt say it was seamless it was quite clear at times he was NOT comfortable and got himself off balance.

That being said, after watching James go out last year against the Bengals and Sam Young come in at RT, Deiter did well all things considered

I’m glad he’s got a good attitude but he’s got a long way to go. It’s unclear whether he will rise to being a long term starter. He lacks both athleticism and power. He struggles to get to the second level yet and in space. He doesn’t have power either. He’s got to really work on his body to see if he will be a long term starter. Anointing him anything right now is premature.

How can our beat writers say that Deiter played respectable, yet PFF rated him our worst offensive player yesterday? PFF says that Deiter allowed 6 QB pressures & 1 sack. I realize it was onlyt his 3rd game & his 1st at LT, but 6 pressures & 1 sack is respectable?
I'm not sure about those PFF numbers. At times, I really wonder about PFF...

It was pretty much a race to the QB the entire second half. Even when the opposition wasn't getting sacks they disrupted the play before it started. Not trying to knock him for what he did in a pinch but I have higher standards than saying he did well at LT yesterday.

He did play poorly at left tackle, but give the boy props for being a professional. I did not hear him whine about being put in a position that embarrassed him. I do not see him whining to be traded because he feels he was playing out of position. It is nice to see a professional attitude instead of a Minkah, I mean childish attitude!

I wouldnt say it was seamless it was quite clear at times he was NOT comfortable and got himself off balance.

That being said, after watching James go out last year against the Bengals and Sam Young come in at RT, Deiter did well all things considered

Apparently some people don't realize how difficult it is to switch from OG to OT with no practice. Yeah, Deiter struggled at times, but, all things considered, played well

Back
Top Bottom