Rookie Michael Deiter Seamlessly Slides Into Left Tackle | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rookie Michael Deiter Seamlessly Slides Into Left Tackle

He wasnt horrible, he played better than anyone else on our bench. Compare him to some of the 1st rd OL selections taken this past year: Tytus Howard got moved inside for Texans (and isnt good at all there), a few are on IR, he may be having the best season of all the rookie starting OL.

He gave up a sack at tackle, but compare it to last season where we had a "more talented" OL and still had games like the Minnesota game where they gave up 8 sacks and 5-10 more hits.

What do you want him to do, get a pancake block every play in his 3rd career game? Set your expectations a bit lower.

I suppose maybe I have to rewatch the tape, but I remember him getting absolutely abused with one of the slowest first steps I have ever seen repeatedly. Which again like I said, I would expect from someone who should never have been asked to play that position in the first place. And just because our bench is also horrible isn't much of a consolation here.

Giving up one sack and one tackle doesn't account for pressures. I would be willing to bet his pressures allowed stat was alarmingly bad. No idea where you got the notion that my expectations were too high and that I expect pancake blocks. Not getting beat around the edge every other play would be nice, but yet again, I didn't even expect that not to happen

That was “Seamless”? Wow. That’s one way to look at it I guess. Or you could say that he looked like a rookie guard that should never have been playing tackle.

I was pleasantly surprised with how well the oline played Sunday. This oline coach is gonna be a good addition I think.
I almost can't imagine that. ^^^^
Anyway, I thought Deiter did well. He was hanging on for dear life with a lot of reaching and lunging as he does not have the lateral speed to play LT long term, but moving a rookie guard to left tackle in his third NFL game on a horrible line to begin with should spell disaster. I thought he hung in there as well as a guy with his physical tools can.

He looked like a left guard with poor feet trying to play LT. Commendable job, but far from successful.

Back
Top Bottom