Rookie Mini Camp Today | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rookie Mini Camp Today

we shall see.... :tongue:

and like the words so far this morning at camp. Parker vs McCain gonna help both out a lot!!! Phillips vs Douglas same thing... Phillips should be dominating that i hope though!!!

I think when Parker meets Grimes in TC, i think Grimes gonna teach him a few things though too!!! either way, perfect!!!

The Phillips Douglas match up will be interesting. I hope Douglas holds his own because if he can that will show us we may have a good one in Douglas.

Anything on Jeff Luc...........maybe he's just not a Shirt and shorts guy.....needs pads and helmets and a few heads to bash.....

just read, " Zach Vigil is the inside linebacker today. Mike Hull is at weakside and Jeff Luc is on strong side. "

Last edited by a moderator:
Dolphins GM Dennis Hickey says fifth-round pick Jay Ajayi "has the ability to play on all three downs."
Hickey says the Dolphins "were very excited" that Ajayi slipped to Miami's fifth-round pick. "He’s a power back but yet still has elusiveness," Hickey added. Ajayi is also a better receiver than in-place starter Lamar Miller, who dropped 6-of-48 targets last season. Ajayi's knee problems continue to be seen as a long-term -- and not short-term -- issue. For now, Ajayi will compete with Mike Gillislee and Damien Williams to back up Miller.
Source: Miami Herald May 8 - 10:11 PM

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-live-updates-from-dolphins-rookie-camp-20150509-story.html

-- Joe Philbin said the rookies will join the veterans for OTAs on Monday.

-- Joe Philbin said RB Dee Hart has stood out to him.

-- "This is a voluntary offseason program," Joe Philbin said of players skipping OTAs.

-- "We have a number of different candidates. We'll see how competition goes," Joe Philbin said of need at pass rusher with Dion Jordan gone.

-- Joe Philbin wouldn't discuss whether Dion Jordan is welcomed back.

-- "Everything is voluntary," Joe Philbin said when asked about Rishard Matthews skipping OTAs last week.

-- "This is a good start to the rookie minicamp. These guys are spending time learning their techniques and fundamentals," Philbin said.

-- The legendary Don Shula is giving the Dolphins rookies and youngsters a post-practice speech.

-- Ex-Dolphins QB Bob Griese just hit by errant pass while standing on sideline. He turned his back instead of trying to catch the ball.

-- DeVante Parker dropped right into a zone and caught a floating pass along the right sideline. Very QB friendly. Poorly thrown balls get caught.

-- TE Tevin Westbrook (Florida) with an ugly drop. Yikes.

-- Jamil Douglas is having a better day than Friday. Saw him anchor well vs Philemon Jones.

-- DT Jordan Phillips just plowed thru G Jamil Douglas in pass protection drill. Douglas has looked Ok, however.

-- Mill Hull with an interception of a pass Chase Rettig telegraphed.

-- Bobby McCain with a nice breakup of a pass to Matt Hazel.

-- 7-on-7 is beginning. Zach Vigil is the linebacker directing traffic.

-- The Dolphins just had DE Joe Thomas run a route. He dropped it. But never hurts to try.

-- Tryout safety Fritz Etienne dropped a pass right in his hands. He then commenced to do his push ups.

-- CB Tony Lippett just dropped potential INT. Hit him right in chest. Made himself do pushups as punishment.

-- Zach Vigil just jammed Jay Ajayi so hard during 1-on-1 he didn't get off the line of scrimmage. Great play.

-- Zach Vigil is the inside linebacker today. Mike Hull is at weakside and Jeff Luc is on strong side.

-- Jordan Phillips is limping.

-- Christion Jones, Dee Hart, David Porter and Damarr Aultman are working as the punt returners.

-- Legendary Dolphins coach Don Shula at rookie practice today.

-- Joe Philbin, Mike Tannenbaum and Dennis Hickey having a chat with Don Shula on the practice field.

-- WR DeVante Parker chatting with Don Shula, who is riding in a cart.

-- Mike Hull with a nice stop at the line of scrimmage on a Marlin Lane run.

-- Dee Hart with another nice run during 11-on-11 work.

-- We're doing 11-on-11s, but again the draft picks are sitting this out.

-- TE Timothy Semisch (6-8, 267/No. Illinois) has the potential to be a big red zone target.

-- Joe Thomas just collapsed the pocket. Savage Dionte looks like a monster, but he doesn't play like it.

-- Undrafted free agent DT Ellis McCarthy from UCLA is large, but not very athletic.

-- WR DeVante Parker still catching everything thrown to him. The first-round pick has been quite impressive thus far.

-- Former Cincinnati linebacker Jeff Luc works on running through tackles.

-- I've watched rookie kicker Andrew Franks and rookie punter Matt Darr work. Brandon Field & Caleb Sturgis have nothing to fear.

-- Raphael Akpejiori just dropped yet another pass in walk through. I'm pretty certain he has hands of stone.

-- The Dolphins defensive linemen working on the blocking sleds.

Maybe I just missed it, but I don't recall seeing anything about our UDFA DE from Georgia. Was kind of interested in his progress, because I thought he might be a sleeper with a chance now that Jordan is out of the picture.

Douglas looking better is good... but as long as Phillips keeps dominating him I'm happier... Phillips needs to dominate consistently!!!

Vigil seems to be getting better words than Hull and Luc so far

Ellis McCarthy... can he be athletic... he REALLY needs to shed weight and get into shape... not sure on his overall work ethic though.

Akpejiori was curious on how he would be doing.... dont sound good. stone hands means bye bye

Parker... continue!!!

Just to give you a number comparison of AJ Green... for Parker..

-----Green ---Parker
H ---6'4" ------6.3"---Height
W---209-------209---weight
A----34.25-----33.25-arm
H----9.25------9.25---hand
40---4.5-------4.45---
B----18--------17---Bench
V----34.5-----36.5--vert
B----126------125---broad

I think the comparison is more similar then I realized...at least in metrics

No cause for concern, he was back at it a few plays later.

Sounds like every game he played in this last year...nicked up and then back in...got to the point i think it was more about getting a blow than actually being hurt...

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Interesting-
Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 36s36 seconds ago
Joe Philbin says Chris McCain is working at LB this offseason.

Heres hoping hes ready to start at strong

Sounds like every game he played in this last year...nicked up and then back in...got to the point i think it was more about getting a blow than actually being hurt...

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Heres hoping hes ready to start at strong

and Misi in the middle??? was hoping not to be doing this, but at this point it definitely is the best option!!!

Arthur lynch should be there getting the extra work like hazel...so should the dts we redshirted francis and johnson...take advantage of every opportunity show the staff your work ethic

Mccain needs to get as many reps physical and mental at lb as possible

just a little update on couple guys we were all looking into:

Minnesota Vikings Camp:

Eric Kendricks is loving the challenges, and is looked at as an ILB, but with WLB in mind as well. Zimmer is thinking he is going to be a strong LB as of now!!!

Trae Waynes is being noted as one of the quickest learners they have had at camp. he is learning from technical coaching right away, ad displaying on the field. (helps to be coming from a well coached Michigan State defense I bet!!!)

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Arthur lynch should be there getting the extra work like hazel...so should the dts we redshirted francis and johnson...take advantage of every opportunity show the staff your work ethic

Mccain needs to get as many reps physical and mental at lb as possible

i asked that somewhere a bit ago, no response.... but what has Lynch been doing???

and i agree... hope those guys getting a long of work in, lots of reps!!!

I thought minnesota was a 34...waynes drafted for the right scheme in minnesota...heavily press man

With miamis udfa lbs the way they lined em up today makes sense to me...luc given hes best at poa at strong vigil at mike and hull at weak although im sure they will mix and match it during camp

Mondays otas id bet money they start out with mccain misi jenkins as the 1s...probably gonna stay that way too

i asked that somewhere a bit ago, no response.... but what has Lynch been doing???

and i agree... hope those guys getting a long of work in, lots of reps!!!

Heard Lynch is training up in the Athens, Georgia area and spending some time with family and friends. Hopefully his ass is ready for OTA's and camp. He definitely needs to show out to earn his spot.

Heard Lynch is training up in the Athens, Georgia area and spending some time with family and friends. Hopefully his ass is ready for OTA's and camp. He definitely needs to show out to earn his spot.

agreed.... and thanks much on the info!!!

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

I thought minnesota was a 34...waynes drafted for the right scheme in minnesota...heavily press man

With miamis udfa lbs the way they lined em up today makes sense to me...luc given hes best at poa at strong vigil at mike and hull at weak although im sure they will mix and match it during camp

Mondays otas id bet money they start out with mccain misi jenkins as the 1s...probably gonna stay that way too

nah they 4-3.... and yea they'll be pressing heavily. Waynes gonna be great there i believe, across from Rhodes too!!!

Miami i tihnk they been switching Vigil, Hull and Luc throughout yes??? seems like Vigil, as of now, is getting best words.
but yeah I see Jenkins Misi McCain starting as well.

If McCain works at it, I think he can be a solid LB for us. Also this Zach Vigil kid intrigues me at Mike. Seems like he is mediocre against the run and exceeds in zone cover with decent man coverage abilities. If he can bulk up against the run a bit I could see him filling in down the road. With our stout run stopping D-Line we may be able to mask some of his weaknesses.

Back
Top Bottom