Rookie Mini Camp Today | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rookie Mini Camp Today

Parker reminds me of Paul Warfield....not same body type, but same demeanor in the field, same way of hand catching the ball. and concentration when the ball is up in the air.

Highlights of the rookie minicamp, without having to use any crappy nfl media player..

[video=youtube;Y-dyJMBXmUk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-dyJMBXmUk[/video]

Sweet route running by Ajayi and Parker looks so natural and smooth catching the ball.

two days of shorts and helmets with rookies.... i am loving what i see!!! lets continue!!!

Gees those Parker Highlights give me chills, Like I said before draft. Parker > Cooper and White

For this team, Parker is the complete deal, solid pick up that should last for years to come.

Gees those Parker Highlights give me chills, Like I said before draft. Parker > Cooper and White For this team, Parker is the complete deal, solid pick up that should last for years to come.
I think it's too early to say Parker is better than those guys I'm sure they will/are doing some nice stuff for their teams camp. I will say with the numbers Parker put up this last year... If he had put in a full season he would've put up ungodly numbers and would've been the first wr drafted

Just to give you a number comparison of AJ Green... for Parker..

-----Green ---Parker
H ---6'4" ------6.3"---Height
W---209-------209---weight
A----34.25-----33.25-arm
H----9.25------9.25---hand
40---4.5-------4.45---
B----18--------17---Bench
V----34.5-----36.5--vert
B----126------125---broad

I think the comparison is more similar then I realized...at least in metrics

And despite Green being an inch (or so) taller with an inch longer arms, Parker's broad shoulders should give him at least as wide of a wingspan. I think the AJ Green comparisons are very apt. Green has more explosion (despite Parker having a 2 inch higher vertical), but they are both smooth as silk ball locators and adjusters. Had Parker been healthy his entire senior season, I think everyone would see this similarity.

To me, Parker doesn't seem to be 100% recovered from his injury yet. I think it is part of the reason he is rounding his routes and not exploding out of his cuts. Physical, psychological, not sure what it is, but he doesn't appear to be fully engaging his cuts yet. Once he does .... look out.

Arthur lynch should be there getting the extra work like hazel...so should the dts we redshirted francis and johnson...take advantage of every opportunity show the staff your work ethic

Mccain needs to get as many reps physical and mental at lb as possible

Agreed. I'd like to know what's really going on with Lynch's health ... because he definitely needs as many reps as possible. He should be a heavy contributor this year given his skill set and our severe lack of a complete TE on the roster. But, he's not going to secure a roster spot without reps.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

I think they are only able to bring in 4 or 5 vets for this camp per league rules. i don't know who's there other than Hazel and McCain but probably Denny for long snaps and a couple QB's from the bottom of our roster.
I believe the vets join in Monday anyways.

Ahhhhhh, didn't realize there was a limit. I kinda figured since Lynch essentially red-shirted last year, he was eligible.

After watching those highlights of Parker I'm geeked. Most excited I've been to see a rookie play in years. He has all the tools to be an elite WR in this league. And he seems to have the mentality as well - all football all the time. Those are some unreal catches already, great concentration. No way Wallace makes all those plays.

I don't understand the sentiment that this kid won't be able to contribute that much year 1. I don't see any reason why Parker can't do something similar to what Mike Evans did last year. Evans is bigger than Parker, but I don't think he was a tremendously better player coming out than Parker is now.

I think this years class for WR is just as good as last but only time will tell. Parker has nice size and athleticism, and he is not afraid of contact. From everything i've been reading he is very good at catching with his hands and he manages to catch bad passes so he knows how to adjust well. If he continues to play like he has been in shorts, we will not only have a day one starter but a instant impact.

Douglas looking better is good... but as long as Phillips keeps dominating him I'm happier... Phillips needs to dominate consistently!!!

Vigil seems to be getting better words than Hull and Luc so far

Ellis McCarthy... can he be athletic... he REALLY needs to shed weight and get into shape... not sure on his overall work ethic though.

Akpejiori was curious on how he would be doing.... dont sound good. stone hands means bye bye

Parker... continue!!!

Agreed. I seen his TCU and Clemson game film. He was blowing up clemson's plays the entire game but look pretty rough during the TCU game. Im sure being playing with Suh will help him big time. I think Phillips will have some good flashes year one but I am also expecting some growing pains. I'm more worried about his health since experience can help be consistent.

Back
Top Bottom