Rookie Pool numbers out | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rookie Pool numbers out

In other words, second lowest in the league :)

well i dunno, is that good or is this bad ??? :huh:

how much did last years 19th pick overall get ?

It's good. It puts an upper limit on the amount that can be distributed amongst the entire lot. They can't realistically ask for unreasonable numbers.

Well, None of them will get a lot since they're all 2nd day picks other than Carey.The good thing is that I really think Carey,Poole,Bua and Pape will make the 53 man roster and Pope could make it too. I think Hadnot will be in the PS.Anyway, it helps the cap to have guys playing at low cost.

Ozzy rules!!

hopefully, we can get Poole to sign for 4 years (usually get 3 for 4th rders) so that we do not have another OGun, RFA situation if he eventually shows he is worthy to be a starter

dolphan39 said:
hopefully, we can get Poole to sign for 4 years (usually get 3 for 4th rders) so that we do not have another OGun, RFA situation if he eventually shows he is worthy to be a starter

The DOlphins started the trend of locking up their draftees for 4 years or more. In fact, I think they were giving slightly bigger signing bonuses last year to make sure everyone was signing for 4 years. So, I think we will see the same trend this year.

The Giants won't be able to pay Manning like he was the top pick since the Giants didn't make the #1 pick in the draft, and thus, their allocation doesn't include money to sign the first pick in the draft, but the fourth. I'm happy to see that Manning is getting screwed. :)

iceblizzard69 said:
The Giants won't be able to pay Manning like he was the top pick since the Giants didn't make the #1 pick in the draft, and thus, their allocation doesn't include money to sign the first pick in the draft, but the fourth. I'm happy to see that Manning is getting screwed. :)

Yah they can. Split bonuses. Just means they will have to pay him big roster bonuses next year and the year after.

Except for Vernon Carey, all of the rookies will be signed to four-year contracts with league-minimum base salaries in each season. Will Poole may get a mid six-figure signing bonus; the seventh-round picks will be lucky to get $100,000.

As a first-round pick, Vernon Carey will probably get either five or six years, with base salaries in the million-dollar range toward the end and a seven-figure signing bonus.

Back
Top Bottom