Rookies Get Their Numbers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rookies Get Their Numbers

Numbers should not be retired... They should be put up high with the names of players who wore them.... But leave the stupid numbers so new players can wear them

Odrick - #98
Misi - #55
Jerry - #74
Edds - #54
Carroll - #28
Jones - #35
McCoy - #48
Spitler - #44

Still no word on Marshall though.

Thanks! There must be something up with Marshall. Bess must be negotiating really hard for that #15. Any other number would have been done, announced, and jersey sales would have been taking off.

I don't give a damn, I hate the fact someone has been issued #54.

Let Edds wear #49 like he did in college until there is a 50's or 90's available after cuts.

If #54 can be issued then I think it's only fair that one of the cheerleaders be issued one of Parcells' brassieres.

Or someone from the PR department should be issued Jeff's copy of "How To Conduct Interviews".

But, seriously, anyone expecting this administration to be sensitive to a former players' place in Dolphin history is kidding themselves. These guys are completely insulated from any connection to the past. We just have to deal with it and hope the next guy to pop on the #13 will contribute on special teams like Edds is going to.

If #54 can be issued then I think it's only fair that one of the cheerleaders be issued one of Parcells' brassieres.

Or someone from the PR department should be issued Jeff's copy of "How To Conduct Interviews".

But, seriously, anyone expecting this administration to be sensitive to a former players' place in Dolphin history is kidding themselves. These guys are completely insulated from any connection to the past. We just have to deal with it and hope the next guy to pop on the #13 will contribute on special teams like Edds is going to.

#13 is retired.

#54 is not.

Why is no one up in arms that Brian Johnson is wearing HOF'er Dwight Stephenson's #57?

you can't retire every number.

ZT and JT will wind up in the ring of honor, as they should....but I just don't see their numbers being retired....as it is no one took Zach's number for 2 years out of respect...

As much as I love Zach, the number is not retired. Be glad they are not the Boston Celtics. They retire everyone's number. They barely have any numbers below 50 left. Its crazy

i dont like seeing anybody new in 54 and i wouldnt like seeing somebody in 99.. at least not this year.. give it a few years and then re-issue...

if a player doesn't get a number as a rookie, why would they change it later on? that would look worse...

Player plays in the league a few years then says to his coach btw coach I'd like to change my number to 54...

there are lotsa numbers that mean something to us, but until they retire... heck there are numbers I hope players don't wear because the previous owner sucked.

I guess the point is... if a player sucks, then he won't be wearing that number for us for very long anyway, and if he's good, then so be it...

Maybe marino shouldn't have been allowed to wear the 13?

I don't give a damn, I hate the fact someone has been issued #54.

Let Edds wear #49 like he did in college until there is a 50's or 90's available after cuts.

A Linebacker cannot wear #49 in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom