Rookies will report on Thursday | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rookies will report on Thursday

I'm not following the thought Ray. I was talking about playing your highly drafted 1st round qb over a below average veteran on a average or poor team. I'm not sure how the Tannehill/ Marriotta situation connects.

I felt it was a reasonable approximation in that Tannehill was a 1st round draft pick playing behind a QB who had a history of injuries and was also a 1st round pick. Many Titans fans were beginning to doubt Mariota's performance as a good QB with the Titans and were starting to consider the Titans a run of the mill team.

I felt the situation with the Titans last year was close enough to the situation you were describing to bring it up.

I hope this explanation helps.

I'm just not on board with the whole "Have Tua sit out his entire rookie year in 2020." then have him take 2021 to shake off the rust of not playing for a year and a half and adjusting to the speed of the NFL. At that rate you're looking at 2022 or 2023 before you're going to have growing into the player he's going to be. I'm all for getting learning curve over as soon as possible.

Nothing stopping him from practice on a daily basis learning the offense, calls, & developing rapport with his receivers. All while limiting the risk while the OL develops. Let Fitz and Rosen play meatshield during the games.

The key here is Miami needs to be smart, Miami needs to make decisions with every inch of calculation made when it comes to the QB position. The Miami coaching is not going to make any decisions just because (I don't think there will be any JUST BECAUSE here).

People think of Fitz as a 3rd rate untalented hack, but he's not, when he's on, he can compete against anyone...If anything he's been inconsistent in years past, but (HUGE BUT) lately Fitpatrick has come on, and is looking more like a positive to have on the team, then a negative.

My thoughts are, the plan is to start the season with Fitz, allow him to work with Tua, to help him grow week to week, help him see what to expect in the NFL, and also to use that vet experience to help him through the 1st few games with an O-line that will probably have every player playing for the 1st time with each other.

There is no real hurry, though there is huge expectations to compete and win this year. What I mean by that is, there is no real hurry to get Tua in there, or should there be...Miami is in a great situation, why not use it. Fitz has been playing well with little talent, now allow him to start the season with with MUCH better talent then last year. Expectations are still very high, so if Fitzmagic turns to Fitztragic, Tua will be waiting in the wings, but if he plays well...You ride him as far as you can.

I personally believe the plan is to start Fitz, and if all goes well, and Tua proves himself, bring him in after the 1st quarter to half of the season to replace Fitz. This is what I think they may want to do, but as I said, if Fitz gets hot, and start winning, or at least playing too well to be removed, he will not be replaced until he falters, but on the other hand if in practice, and preseason (if there is any games), Tua comes out of the gates worlds better then the other 3, it will be very tough for Coach Flores not to start Tua from week one.

This season's main objective is not to get Tua on the starting team as soon as possible or to sit Tua, and keep him there to learn as long as possible, but to be as competive as possible, and if everything falls into place win a SB (Like 31 other teams), and Coach Flores is not going to make decisions on Tua to please the fans that want him to start or to sit, but make the best decisions for the Team he coaches in 2020.

How do we know what "mishandled" actually means? If the dude is healthy and knows the playbook and is a better qb option than Fitz .... well then ppl are just being silly

He was drafted #5 overall for a reason ... TO START .... THIS SEASON..... IF the IF"s are accounted for

It's not like we didn't try for 20 years to get it right ... we did... we failed ... we are better now

Tua will start and IF he is all that and a bag of chips we will compete for the AFC East crown THIS SEASON (by compete I mean be in contention for)

What IF keeping him on the bench turns out to be "mishandling" him???????????????????? You want to go another 20 if Tua is mishandled?
View attachment 51555
I missed this post, but read my response to the other guy if you want to actually understand my stance on how to handle Tua.

We did draft Tua. But your statement that we drafted Tua to START...THIS...YEAR is simply your opinion. I'm sure we drafted him hoping that would be the case.

I don't have a hard stance either way. You haven't seen his medicals, so u have no clue how healed up he truly is.

There are a "ifs," and the ifs are valid. Sorry if you can't wait to play with your favorite toy, but I simply trust our medical staff and front office to make the right decision. Because they have info that both you and I don't.

This year, its going to be important to have a player that is like a 2nd offensive coordinator teaching all the new players the scheme..

Just one more variable that favors Fitz starting and playing til he fades off..

Yeah I get that he should start when he’s ready, but why does ‘when he’s ready’ need to be week 1? Is week 4, or week 7, or week 10 too late? If he isn’t ready until week 6 does that leave us too little time to assess him?
I missed this post, but read my response to the other guy if you want to actually understand my stance on how to handle Tua.

We did draft Tua. But your statement that we drafted Tua to START...THIS...YEAR is simply your opinion. I'm sure we drafted him hoping that would be the case.

I don't have a hard stance either way. You haven't seen his medicals, so u have no clue how healed up he truly is.

There are a "ifs," and the ifs are valid. Sorry if you can't wait to play with your favorite toy, but I simply trust our medical staff and front office to make the right decision. Because they have info that both you and I don't.

:hclap:

Most of my posts are "simply my opinion" ... your statement that we drafted Tua "hoping" he would start is a bit weak IMO ... drafting a QB in the top 5 "hoping" he will start some day doesn't sound like a confident FO to me

Haven't seen medicals .... i have no clue ...blah blah blah ... I don't need to see his medicals nor do I need to know how healed up he is... because it's my opinion that IF he is healthy and ready to play then it is presumed he is healed up and his medicals are in order

Tua isn't my favorite toy and your post hints at discrediting me personally (for my opinion no less) .... I don't pretend to "know" everything that's why I have opinions ... but I do know that if Tua is healthy and has command of the play book and huddle HE WILL PLAY .... how do I KNOW????
Because I am that smart. (that is also my opinion)

I'm a fan of the Miami Dolphins and don't get "man-crushes" on players ... so until a player proves himself a winner while being a Dolphin he can pound sand for all I care ... as a fan of the team I do want "my new toy" out there
AS SOON AS HE IS READY

Attack the post if you will ... back off the condescending babble please

No preseason game.. 14 practice.. it going be interesting before season start.

All they did today was turn up for a Covid test then leave ..... But I bet Tua was ****ing elite at having a Covid test.

Hopefully Fitz and Chosen Rosen were observing and taking some notes on how a top class QB handles a test.

When and until Ryan Fitzpatrick isn’t our leading rusher we won’t see Tua.

Back
Top Bottom