Rookies | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rookies

matt11390

Starter
Reaction score
Thought we could discuss the impact of our rookies in last nights game. First, Gillislee, Davis, Thomas, and Sims were all inactive. Sims was injured we know that. But I am extremely disappointed that our third and fifth round picks are not dressing. In particular Davis when we have had so many CB injuries this season. The kid was making plays in the preseason but I guess I have to trust the staff's assessment of him. Of those who dressed for the game, Jordan didn't play much although I noticed him dropping in coverage more than usual or at least it seemed that way. Taylor, our second didn't see the field at least if he did I didn't notice him so that pretty much sums him up. Of all our rookies Sturgis continues to have the most impact which in some ways you can expect a big impact from you place kicker, especially on a team like Miami where the offense is struggling. When he missed that first kick I couldn't believe it. He has been struggling but all his misses were long kicks so I was willing to give him a break. But thankfully he pulled through on his other two kicks with that last kick being clutch. Good for him and let's hope that kick will begin to restore his confidence. I must say though I am concerned that of all our rookies our kicker is the most impressive. Can't say enough about how disappointing this rookie class has been so far. My hope is they gain experience this year and begin to contribute more in years 2 and 3.

Back
Top Bottom