Root for Joe Burrow | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Root for Joe Burrow

The test is a full season including POs

That is how sports works - you want to be anointed the best - prove it

23-20 is nearly a loss
It sure is. But he’s still beating some of the top teams. Down play it all you want, a win is a win.

I think burrow is a poor mans Troy aikman.

aikman with less arm. Erect in the pocket like aikman maybe more nimble in tbe pocket than aikman was but pretty average arm. LSU doesn’t throw to the numbers let alone outside of them much and when they do the balls in the air a while. little to no outside breaking routes by design.

yesterday he took a couple sacks where his legs were caught in bad spots and I thought he was lucky he didn’t break a lower leg.

If I’m playing against burrow in the pros I’m stacking the box inside the numbers and flooding the underneath zones forcing him to beat me outside the numbers with his arm. And playing inside leverage as much as possible. Driving on anything outside breaking.

If I’m running his pro day workout/considering drafting him he’s throwing outside the numbers a bunch to see what kind of limitations he has.

Last edited:
I think burrow is a poor mans Troy aikman.

aikman with less arm. Erect in the pocket like aikman maybe more nimble in tbe pocket than aikman was but pretty average arm. LSU doesn’t throw to the numbers let alone outside of them much and when they do the balls in the air a while. little to no outside breaking routes by design.

yesterday he took a couple sacks where his legs were caught in bad spots and I thought he was lucky he didn’t break a lower leg.

If I’m playing against burrow in the pros I’m stacking the box inside the numbers and flooding the underneath zones forcing him to beat me outside the numbers with his arm.

If I’m running his pro day workout/considering drafting him he’s throwing outside the numbers a bunch to see what kind of limitations he has.
You don't think he has a similar type arm as Aikman though do you? Aikman's arm was a lot stronger. I'm not all that impressed by Burrow. I think I would rather see Miami take a chance on Herbert's upside if they don't have a chance at Tua. Tua is the one to get though. I really hope Miami ends up with the first pick.

You don't think he has a similar type arm as Aikman though do you? Aikman's arm was a lot stronger. I'm not all that impressed by Burrow. I think I would rather see Miami take a chance on Herbert's upside if they don't have a chance at Tua. Tua is the one to get though. I really hope Miami ends up with the first pick.

that’s why I said aikman with less arm. Average arm. Inside breaking routes and if he does throw down the sideline nothing outside breaking from a wide split. In the pocket with how erect he is he reminds me of aikman.

If I’m bama in 2 weeks I’m playing a lot of inside leverage

Burrow threw outside the numbers plenty last game, one game evaluation, cool.

Toughness, accuracy, pocket manipulation are the 3 most underrated traits people overlook with quarterbacks. Burrow has all these and it’s why he’ll best almost all of the more physically talented guys.

It doesn’t matter what leverage Alabama’s DB’s play. They’ll be blowing coverages every other snap just like they’ve done for 2 years now.

I actually like the Aikman comparison. Although certainly less arm.

He’s one tough cat. He took a hell of a shot near the sidelines that many a qb would have been done after

that was a hell of a physical game. Those two teams were trying to kill each other. Sec football got to love it

You rarely hear former QB’s talk about arm talent. It’s always twitter scouts.
Accuracy, ball placement, pre and post....all more important qualities.

The QB needs enough arm and zip and there is such thing as an NFL arm, but having an all-world arm...not nearly as important as the other stuff.

Big arm QBs who are inaccurate should be a no go...in time the Bills will regret Allen...big arm, very inaccurate.

Toughness, accuracy, pocket manipulation are the 3 most underrated traits people overlook with quarterbacks. Burrow has all these and it’s why he’ll best almost all of the more physically talented guys.

It doesn’t matter what leverage Alabama’s DB’s play. They’ll be blowing coverages every other snap just like they’ve done for 2 years now.

I actually like the Aikman comparison. Although certainly less arm.

How far has college football changed when the over/under on a LSU/Bama game is gonna push 65-70. I liked the 10-7 games more to be quite honest.

How far has college football changed when the over/under on a LSU/Bama game is gonna push 65-70. I liked the 10-7 games more to be quite honest.

Welcome to the realm of the RPO where the defense can't be right, and tackling has largely gone the way of the dodo.

I doubt I'll ever get used to seeing Alabama and LSU play this brand of football. I agree with you - give me the 9-6 defensive masterpieces. At least occasionally.

If anyone has taken in any high school football lately, they'll understand what I'm talking about.

Agreed about CFB in general but I have to say, if the total for that game is 65+ I will be hammering the under. No way Tua will be 100%, and Saban has two weeks to prepare for LSU at home.

Agreed about CFB in general but I have to say, if the total for that game is 65+ I will be hammering the under. No way Tua will be 100%, and Saban has two weeks to prepare for LSU at home.

I really have no idea where it will come in at. I stay away from totals for the most part. I like first half unders though. You are probably right. 60 maybe the landing spot. I cant see anything less than that though. It was 80 in the Bama/Oklahoma game. Granted Oklahoma had a terrible defense but Oklahoma still put up 34 points with a month of preparation. This bama defense is worse than last year.

Everything that I have read about a “tight rope”, two weeks out Tua should still be in a boot. If I was him I wouldn’t play against LSU. Really sucks because I wanted to see him at 100% vs LSU.

Back
Top Bottom